Tested out the 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt_V

Have Bronco....need money.
Reaction score
Went for a little drive in some of the fields behind my house when I spotted a totally undisturbed mudhole. Now since I haven't tested out the 4 wheel drive on the truck yet, I thought to myself, that this was the PERFECT opportunity... a drivers side window might have kept me a *little* cleaner... but whats the fun in muddin' if you don't get dirty?

IM002066__Large_.JPG

IM002067__Large_.JPG

IM002068__Large_.JPG

At one point I thought I was about to get stuck, but the Bronc was able to pull through..

4x4 test... PASSED with flying colors (and lots of flying mud too!)

shift1313

Reaction score
whats the puddle under the engine/tranny from?

looks like fun, the body on that thing looks great so make sure you get all the mud out of those fenders and drive it dry.

OP
OP
Matt_V

Matt_V

Reaction score
Thats a puddle from where I had filled the radiator up earlier... its got a little leak in the water pump, nothing thats major for just going through the fields...It is on my list of 'fix it' items.

I pressure washed it off pretty good today.... then had to pressure wash the driveway to get all the mud off of it.. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

JLasvegas

Reaction score
Matt do you got an pheasant in that field behind your house

truck looks cool without the top

OP
OP
Matt_V

Matt_V

Reaction score
Matt do you got an pheasant in that field behind your house
truck looks cool without the top

heck no. I wish we did. No pheasant close to here that I know of.

Thanks for the compliment on the Beast being *******...lol

OP
OP
Matt_V

Matt_V

Reaction score
I wish i could "test" the 4wd.

Gotta seize the day... mud is sometimes scarce here. In fact, I drove by the same spot today and it was dry. Would have been pretty rough going across the ruts. When I went through on Sunday it was about 9 inches of water on top of the mud...

Also most of the time the fields are plowed and planted with wheat, so driving across them is a no go....

Last edited by a moderator:

crazyhorse85

Reaction score
Looks like you had fun...And that's what it's all about...I know what you mean about seizing the moment we haven't had a lot of the wet stuff here either....and when you see a nice large mud hole it's like your drawn to to it...like in a trance....cool aint it.... B)

OP
OP
Matt_V

Matt_V

Reaction score
Looks like you had fun...And that's what it's all about...I know what you mean about seizing the moment we haven't had a lot of the wet stuff here either....and when you see a nice large mud hole it's like your drawn to to it...like in a trance....cool aint it.... B)
Yeah, I had fun. Would have had more fun if it had been running right with the low end power it should have instead of needing to slowly ramp up to the higher RPMs.

I see you are in Clarksville, TN. That's hill country up there, you should have lots of places to go muddin and trail riding huh? I grew up in Southern TN.. just transplanted myself to the land of flatness and no trees about 10 years ago.. LOL.

crazyhorse85

Reaction score
Yeah we have quite a few hills here...But you wouldn't believe how fast it's disappearing...Gotta drive alittle farther to really do any good wheelin....State closed smith branch down...That used to be some awsome wheelin through the woods...still have some good places on the backside of Fort Campbell Army Post...mostly head down to LBL (land between the lakes) or if your from ky it's kentucky lake.... B)

OP
OP
Matt_V

Matt_V

Reaction score
I know where you are talking about. My parents have a 'fish camp' on Kentucky lake, but really not part of LBL. Its in Perry Co. TN near I-40.

Good wheelin' places, whether for trucks or ATV's are disappearing all over. Tread lightly is a term that needs to be practiced more and more all the time, or they'll all vanish.

crazyhorse85

Reaction score
Yeah,beautiful country around that area...They almost shut down turkey bay...seems a young'in got off the ATV trail and almost was hit by a cheby blazer...Got to be more careful...could'nt blame the blazer he was climbing a hill and when he top the ridge there he was only fast thinking saved him....but yeah tread lightly is the rule of thumb...people not doing that has cost us alot of fine places to wheel what a shame.... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ...KEEP WHEELIN BROTHER..... B)

BB33's

Reaction score
Baby__s_first_MUD.JPG

I recently got to go muddin as well. My brother moved to Big Bear and we hit up the local trails and low and behold at the top off a hill climb was a mud hole it was my first time muddin but now I'm hooked, first rain and I'm gonna call off work and hit the trails.

OP
OP
Matt_V

Matt_V

Reaction score
It's pretty fun to go muddin' but like we mentioned in other posts, do it only where its ok to do so. I only do it on land that is owned by family or friends and where they say its ok, and I'm sure others do it on land that they KNOW its ok to do it.

Its rained here pretty hard, and I know that mudhole I went in is FULL of mud and water again, maybe actually too much at the current moment in time, but since they've plowed the fields up in preparation for planting wheat, I can't even get to it. First reason is because I'd sink just after entering the gate in the freshly plowed dirt. Second is that I would get my butt handed to me for rutting up the fields. LOL

Looks like you need to re-adjust an offroad light. Was that caused by the mud and water?

crazyhorse85

Reaction score
Sounds like ya had a great time there BB33...One good romp in the mud is all it usually takes...I remember the first time i took my oldest son he was about 7 yrs old he'll be 22 the 19th of this month and he's an advid offroader...I gave him a 92 explorer on his 16th birthday (stock) and now sits on a six inch lift with 35's.....SAS swap is next, he heard me talking about doing this on mine and thought it would a cool idea for his also.....but like matt_v and myself were talking always get permission first unless it's public trails but always follow the rules there.... B)

love_my_bronco

Reaction score
My family own's about 140 acres of mount spokane here in spokane washington. fun for trailing little mud but it's ok we mud whre we can.. we have a spot called" The Dips" deep mud fun place to go. last year i had to break the mud off my truck.

BB33's

Reaction score
Yeah I hit the mud at 35mph and it was WAY deeper than I thought. But yeah it was a public trail marked 2n56 and I actually met a San Bernadino National forest ranger driving his STOCK CJ-3A up there.

Tread Lightly Everyone! Off roading is a privilege not a right, too often people forget that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23