Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gunner

Reaction score
no i dont know and i would appreciate you not asking again.. ok i apoligize for the attitude but this is a bronco not a ricer... you want euro lenses then get a euro car. i am sure people here will agree that clear euro lenses DO NOT BELONG on an AMERICAN car or truck. gayest thing i can see is a mustang with euro lenses driving down the road like he is cool shit. but anyway no i dont think you will find euro lenses anywhere and if you do they should take them off the market. you want to upgrade your taillights just make them and LED conversion. it does away with that dim bulb and gives many brighter lights and kind of gives it that caddy appeal which is still AMERICAN

Ktomek06

Reaction score
actually justshootme84 has some euro-looking tail lights and they look pretty tight, check them out

Gunner

Reaction score
Awwwwww no i never saw those tail lights before and i had his bronco as my desk top. but that costs some cool points. i mean i am all for euro lenses on euro cars but they just dont belong on american cars. i know my statement is not word but i also know alot of people that agree with me. i just dont think they belong on a bronco.

Shadow_D

Reaction score
I have to agree with Gunner to a point. I have not seen any "Euro or ALTEZZA" taillights that look good on the Bronco. The only Euro type taillight I will put on my truck hasn't been made yet, that I know of. It would be the Altezza style that has a black background, not carbon fiber, or chrome. If you are **** bent on getting a set of these for your truck that's up to you.

To answer your question do a search on eBay for Euro and ALTEZZA. Any taillight for a Bronco, F150, 250, or 350 between 1978 and 1985 should fit.

Sorny

Reaction score
Yes I would have to agree with Gunner and Shadow with this one, putting Euros on any 1/2 ton or bronco/blazer is just plane wrong. I know around here guys are buying trucks and they get all these fancy options and 4x4 and they will never use 4x4 or haul anything with it.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Put up your dukes boys!!! Just kidding!!!
clap.gif
/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /><' />

Yes, I do have clear tailight lenses for my '84 Bronco that I only use for car&truck shows. Hey, it's what the judges want, but that is the limit of "ricer" mods that I will do for points. (O.K., seat covers, too, but the PRP seats are coming!) They also cost too much to leave on everyday, and they will fade out, yellow, or the inside chrome will burn off after about a year.

Any tailight housing (stock or aftermarket) for 92-96 F150/Bronco will fit the '84, as will those for 87-91 year models. Only thing different is one of the mounting ***** locations from the inside is not used. I bought mine from US Auto Parts Network, INC., part no. FR289-UURW2. For everyday driving, I have the stock lenses from my '88 parts Bronco. The backup bulb lens area is bigger and brighter, plus I like the smoother style better. Most folks don't even notice.

original 84 tails

74439&toggle=fullsize&filename=thwbronco10.jpg

They do match up well with the chrome tailgate strip. Gunner, this is for you. I don't get to use this very often, and I'm only ribbin' ya, no offense taken or meant:

php?id=42508&toggle=fullsize&filename=****.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadow_D

Reaction score
If those were black instead of chrome then they are the only ones I would consider putting on my truck. Anything else NO.

They don't look that bad.

Justshootme84

Reaction score
Shadow_D, Altezza has some of those black tails available, and I actually think they look better on your paint scheme. There are about four different styles offered for 92-96 models, so just search for'em. If you need a link, I will post one up for you.

I learned long ago that everyone has different tastes, and the trend in styling is now toward the "ricer" crowd. Somewher along the way, the Bronco got left out, as the aftermarket parts for Broncos are rather limited. Good thing is, many of the newer parts wil fit, bad thing is the purists and ******** Bronco crowd are divided on what is good and what is taboo. I lean toward the "old school" crowd in keeping the Bronco name as original as I can, cause it is a truck and a great offroad vehicle. Reality being that many of the younger folks out there go for the import sports car scene and try to adapt that to their truck/ suv. If it means getting the attention or more "chicks dig it" attitude, I'll give it a shot. I personally do value the opinion of fellow Bronco owners, good or bad, as to what mods are a violation.

Shadow_D

Reaction score
Justshootme84:

The paint job I have now it would look ok but I am repainting the truck (by July I hope) to Jet Black with a full flame job. I would have to look at the taillights against black to see if it will still look good, if not I will scrap the idea.

Hardest decision I have now is the flame job. I was going with the standard yellow to red but I saw that Auto Zone commercial with Jessy James's car and now I want to see if I can incorporate that style flame into the standard flame job <_<

Go ahead and send me the links and I will check them out.

Thanks

Justshootme84

Reaction score
Try the US Auto Parts website. Some of the F-150's over at FortTruckWorld have differfent style tails, just search the forums there. While you're at it, look at my unrelated gallery at FTW. I have some pics of custom flame jobs and rides from the Texas Heatwave Show.

FTW tails link

Gunner

Reaction score
i looked around and the only people that make the led conversions is jamesduff and they only do it for the EB so i retract my earlier statement. and that was good randy and no offense taken i was just rackin you to. its all fun and games you know your rig is still my desktop.

Justshootme84

Reaction score
Brian, the tailgate latch is on the inside of the gate, and I completely removed the spare tire carrier and hardware for a smoothie look. I've seen the LED bulb like Gunner mentioned, and think they are way more "cooler" on a truck. May be available for fullsize Broncos one day, but again we are limited to parts for our 80-96 models.

I would like to change the tailights to a Ford 78/79 truck style by welding in the sides of the quarter panels and getting more of a "Cadillac" look, along with a welded and smoothed tailgate, rollpan, tubbed fenders, truck nutz, neon underbody lights... NOT!!!

Brian

Reaction score
JSM84, I was hoping nobody caught that 'bout the latch. I saw the "rivets" in your photo and didn't think. I guess because I can't get my tail gate open yet or may be I just got to pay more attention. Brian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23