Anyone ADDED a third brake light to an 89?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rad Randy

Reaction score
My rig wasn't manufactured with a third brake light but I was thinking about adding one (my J can obscures the passenger tail/brake light unless you're directly behind it).
Anyone ever do this?

Kreechure

Reaction score
My rig wasn't manufactured with a third brake light but I was thinking about adding one (my J can obscures the passenger tail/brake light unless you're directly behind it).
Anyone ever do this?
I put on one of those rubber LED light strips just under the tailgate. It's brake and blinkers and shows up well. I have a 7way and a 4way trailer plugs so all I had to do is plug it in. Just make sure it's super clean and seconds before install wipe it again real good with Rubbing alcohol. I was leery about hardwiring it because I didn't know how long it was going to last but it's been on there now for almost 3 years and it's still working great so I should probably hardwire it

OP
OP
R

Rad Randy

Reaction score
I put on one of those rubber LED light strips just under the tailgate. It's brake and blinkers and shows up well. I have a 7way and a 4way trailer plugs so all I had to do is plug it in. Just make sure it's super clean and seconds before install wipe it again real good with Rubbing alcohol. I was leery about hardwiring it because I didn't know how long it was going to last but it's been on there now for almost 3 years and it's still working great so I should probably hardwire it
I have a trailer plug so I might try it out, thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23