Tail Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ratmrage

Reaction score
tailgate latch?? Mine is on the inside only, I thought thats the way they made them. and can't we all just get along???

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Right, and I apologize for butchering this thread so much. While I still don't know where the rivets are on my tailgate, I can only say it's your Bronco, do what you want to it!!! I just have a blast with the clear tails mod cause folks are so divided between tradition and modern taste. And we all know that taste is subject to criticism!!!

S

Stephen Hawk

Since you guys are talking about tail lights and whats taboo for the bronco I have a question for you. I have an 82 fs with a 3" body lift. The previous owner desiced to weld the bumper to the frame and the trailer hitch and the gas tank skid plate so I can't raise it to cover the gap under the tailgate. The stock cover got blasted out when I was muddin so I was thinking about filling the gap with a piece of diamond plate to match the bumper and set 6, 6" oval led lights like you'd see on the newer peterbuilts or freightliners or trailers and set them at about a 45 degree angle. Three on each side and use a pair of white ones in the center for reverse light. /// -- \\\ I did the measurements and I'm posative it will fit without looking cluttered. Also I intend to remove the old tail lights and fill them in like a set of shaved door handles. To top it off I'd like to make the tail lights flash in sequence when you hit the brake or turn signal like the OLD t birds and mercurys. center then middle then outboard 1)/// ;2) /// ;3) ///. I found a place to get the led fixtures, diamond plate, and tail light sequencer but a few friends think it would be a little over the top. I think it would look pretty cool and original and a heck of a lot better than putting a corvette rollpan on a pickup truck. What do you guys think?

OP
OP
G

grande_guerre

grande mondiale
Reaction score
i'd think the sequencing would be a little over the top, but the lights themselves would look cool. Maybe think about keeping the original taillights too. I don't know how big those little red ones are, and I don't know if the cops would like teeny ones for brake lights. Just a thought.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23