Starting Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bronco man5000

Reaction score
i got a 1988 ford bronco 302 and it turns over but won't start but it will fire on ether also it is fuel injected

Things i think it might be :

electric fuel pump

inertia switch

carb problems

dblue351

Reaction score
when you put the key to the on position you should be able to hear the fuel pump wind up. Also just put the key to the on position then off and check the fuel rail. THere is a pressure release on the rail if you push it down it should shoot fuel out a few inches. If not I would replace the pump.

BLADE262US

Reaction score
Hello I had a similar problem with my 89 with a 302 . It started very hard had to keep cycling the key to get it to start . When i turned the key on you could hear the fuel pump cycle so i thought it was ok . Come to find out on like 87 to 90 i beleive there is 2 fuel pumps one in tank and one in frame rail . My pump in the tank had died . I unplugged the pump in the frame rail and couldnt hear the one in tank . The pump in frame rail is a pusher pump not supposed to pull fuel but it was drove it around for a couple weeks like that absolutely no power . I changed the pump in the tank think it ws like $65 and then it started much easier still dont have alot of power but i guess what can you expect out of a little motor moving a big truck . Also found the EGR valve to be froze shut got that to where it worked again and also noticed and increse in power and responsiveness . So that was my experience might wanna check it out . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula