Sliders 78/79

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dukkie

Reaction score
Back in 2008 when I had my 1st 78 bronco, that was THE forum site full of 2nd gen, the first 2 pages of threads were current from the week. Now its all quiet in that area and the first page goes back a month.

Am I remembering the above correct or was there one like " 78-79bronco.com "

Last edited:

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Back in 2008 when I had my 1st 78 bronco, that was THE forum site full of 2nd gen, the first 2 pages of threads were current from the week. Now its all quiet in that area and the first page goes back a month.

It was a good while since I had been on it and when I tried to get on--I ended up hear. Yes Dukkie I rememeber it and spent alot of time on it. Today I saw Boker Pepe on their and they were talking about sliders and some had them for sale--Good luck.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo Johnny,
I'm a Moderator there as well. No competition in my opinion, just trying to help.
Thanks Mike--I dropped back in their yesterday and started on the 78-79 section .Reading about a guy want to sale a top on one and started reading down the messages--their was a few SLIDEING WINDOWS FOR SALE AND INFORMATION ON THEM. I was hopeing some one hear could find it useful too. Thans Mike.

johnnyreb

Reaction score

Dukkie, I was on their yesterday and started reading about a guy wanting to sale a top on his bronco.,Started reading down and people had SLIDERS FOR SALE AND INFORMATION ABOUT THEM.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike--I dropped back in their yesterday and started on the 78-79 section .Reading about a guy want to sale a top on one and started reading down the messages--their was a few SLIDEING WINDOWS FOR SALE AND INFORMATION ON THEM. I was hopeing some one hear could find it useful too. Thans Mike.
Yo Johnny,
Will look for them!

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo Johnny,
Will look for them!
They were also talking about the seals. I boughts seals for minea good while back off of Jeff,s Bronco. For both bronco,s and they had the sliding window with a different part number. I think I gave about $200 for them them--about 5 years ago. If I,m not mistaken. All the rubber for the cap ran around $800. The two little corner pieces was $66 each.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo Johnny,
Will look for them!
Mike I went back to the junk yard today and got a couple of pieces off of it. I checked the rubber several places around . On the inside of 1 topper window and It was soft. To were a person could work with it. Mine is not that soft.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke