saw something strange today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
i saw this bronco today that had something i've never seen before. it had manual locking hubs in the REAR. it was in the parkinglot of walmart so i didnt want to role under it and look at what was going on and when the guy came out two other guys went over and started talking to him about the truck so i didnt want to crowd the guy even more. has anyone heard of doin this or know why you would? it was a bad ass lookin bronco it had all the bells n whistles. everything looked brand new more like a show truck than a mud truck but it sounded pretty bad ass.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
It was converted to a full-floating axle set-up.

As I recall., this can be done to the Ford 9" (and others)

The reason.....you can snap an axle., remove the broken shaft, & drive home as the wheel will remain (& free-wheel) in place. :D/

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
That's interesting. Would one set it up like that with a full spool? and then disengage one side when tooling around town?

OP
OP
J

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
It was converted to a full-floating axle set-up.

As I recall., this can be done to the Ford 9" (and others)

The reason.....you can snap an axle., remove the broken shaft, & drive home as the wheel will remain (& free-wheel) in place. :D/
that is interesting. i was thinking he may have turned a front axle around and put it in the back somehow. i noticed he had superwinch hubs on the front and warn premium's on the back. i wish i could find it again and get a better look at it.

Seabronc

Reaction score
You shouldn't have felt shy. Usually when a guy has such a unique rig they like to talk about it.

:)>-

OP
OP
J

jsomedaysoon

Reaction score
You shouldn't have felt shy. Usually when a guy has such a unique rig they like to talk about it.

:)>-
haha yea i figured the same thing... its not so much that i was shy i just didnt want to crowd the guy he already had a couple guys over there talkin to him about it and he seemed kinda like he was in a hurry. i'm sure i'll see him around town again its a hard truck to miss.

bartowb

Reaction score
have also seen people do this so they don't have to disconnect there drive line when pulling the rig. mainly see it on jeeps but always wondered if it could be done on an EB.

aaah1

Reaction score
i had a friend who did that with his jeep it seemed to work well. it was locked up so he would just have one hub locked in the back when he drove on the road and caused it not to really bark around corner. he could do donuts really well with it and a axle shaft did slide out once.

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
That's interesting. Would one set it up like that with a full spool? and then disengage one side when tooling around town?
I think that would be a great idea for a full spool if I think about it right no matter which way you turn the tires would not bark like mine do with the spool and ease of replace ment is great, but would the cost equal a selectable locker with 35 spline axles? depends is you flat tow your rig or not I quess? Depends on how the rig is used

BBB

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat