Saginaw Power Steering Pump Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motoxman56

Reaction score
I purchased a Saginaw PS pump and Bracket off a 1992 Ford E150 Econoline Van at a local auto wrecking yard.
My question is if I take off the serpentine pully and replace it with my V Belt Pulley Can I use the bracket from the E150? I looked for a older model but cannot find one. See photo.
Thanks JD

Attachments

• 70D494F4-0BA7-40C6-9A4B-3A3C0C2B3D5D.jpeg
    70D494F4-0BA7-40C6-9A4B-3A3C0C2B3D5D.jpeg
    585.8 KB · Views: 6

L\Bronco

Reaction score
I purchased a Saginaw PS pump and Bracket off a 1992 Ford E150 Econoline Van at a local auto wrecking yard.
My question is if I take off the serpentine pully and replace it with my V Belt Pulley Can I use the bracket from the E150? I looked for a older model but cannot find one. See photo.
Thanks JD
Hey Motoxman,
If the bracket will bolt to your block and the pulley alignment is good, there's no reason you can't use it. If it won't fit or the alignment is off, the bracket from your old pump might bolt to the saginaw once you get the pulley off. Unfortunately, I haven't been down that road yet. I have done a fair bit of mixing and matching between V and serp setups and nothing really matters as long as the mount is secure and the pulley alignment is right on the nose.
Hope that helps
Cheers

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hey Motoxman,
If the bracket will bolt to your block and the pulley alignment is good, there's no reason you can't use it. If it won't fit or the alignment is off, the bracket from your old pump might bolt to the saginaw once you get the pulley off. Unfortunately, I haven't been down that road yet. I have done a fair bit of mixing and matching between V and serp setups and nothing really matters as long as the mount is secure and the pulley alignment is right on the nose.
Hope that helps
Cheers
Also you might want to go ahead and take the back off and the seal out. Clean it really good. The put sealer INSIDE where the seal goes. Fill it up. Puy the seal backin it and put it back together. I done mine like that about 45 years ago and it hasn,t leaked a drop of fluid and hasn,t given me any proplem at all.