rear window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cj_92Bronco

Reaction score
so i rolled down the rear window last night to help a friend bring a door home, and when i tried putting it up, the window didnt move and it just kept making a loud noise like an air compressor was filling up. i think its the gears but i dont really now for sure. after helping i up and turning the key to activate the motor, once it got all the way up it didnt stop like it usually does, it just kept making the loud noise and no tmoving anywhere. is it the gears? how hard is it to fix?

gatorbronco

Reaction score
The motor for your rear window is connected to an arm-like mechanism which raises and lowers your window. There can be two things that probably happened.

1. The arm somehow got out of alignment from the motor or the track came off the bottom of the window. Either way, your motor would just be turning freely without engaging the gears.

2. Something inside of the actual motor may have broken and the sound you are hearing is internal to the motor.

Either way, you need to take the back panel off of the tailgate from inside of your cab. Then, with a flashlight take a look around to see what's going on. The replacement of the motor or the arm on the window isn't too challenging to do yourself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23