Rear window not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94.EB.miles

Reaction score
I have replaced the rear window motor but still will not go down or up any ideas? It’s a 5th gen 94

paul rondelli

Reaction score
Most of the time there is a wiring short. Check where the harness enters the tail gate. There is a ton of information on Steve83 supermotors page.... but supermotors is down for some reason?

I just ran two wires from the motor to a switch.

If you want to keep it stock and have both the tailgate switch and the interior switch working ..... I would re-wire the whole thing. The tail gate allows too much water intrusion ... metal rusts... and then cut into the wires.

You also have a few safety checks .... to ensure window is all the way down before handle releases.... or the tail gate is closed before you can operate the window.

You can pick up a wireless transmitter on amazon for 40$. just run this to a relay and you can operate with a remote control.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo 94,
As Paul advised, and following. by Ford for "PINPOINT TEST C: POWER TAILGATE WINDOW INOPERATIVE"
@ https://diesel-dave.com/vehic/manual/stj/stj1b012.htm#a

It's from the 96 Bronco Workshop Manual so, ensure circuit breaker number 14 is compatible to your 94.

Attachments

• 1683636719676.png
    1683636719676.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

goalie00rich

Reaction score
Most of the time there is a wiring short. Check where the harness enters the tail gate. There is a ton of information on Steve83 supermotors page.... but supermotors is down for some reason?

I just ran two wires from the motor to a switch.

If you want to keep it stock and have both the tailgate switch and the interior switch working ..... I would re-wire the whole thing. The tail gate allows too much water intrusion ... metal rusts... and then cut into the wires.

You also have a few safety checks .... to ensure window is all the way down before handle releases.... or the tail gate is closed before you can operate the window.

You can pick up a wireless transmitter on amazon for 40$. just run this to a relay and you can operate with a remote control.
Do you remember the brand/specs of the wireless transmitter?

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK