Post Your Sound Systems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BroncoJJG

Reaction score
I'm curious to see what sound systems people have put in their Bronco. Good, Bad, ***** What worked and what didn't. What is offroading without tunes that you can bounce too ;-)

I just got my bronco and was dreaming bout putting Eclipse HU and Eclipse in the Front and rear, and maybe four 8"s (not sure what brand yet) in the trunk area with 2 Eclipse 6x9's attached.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I'm curious to see what sound systems people have put in their Bronco. Good, Bad, ***** What worked and what didn't. What is offroading without tunes that you can bounce too ;-)
I just got my bronco and was dreaming bout putting Eclipse HU and Eclipse in the Front and rear, and maybe four 8"s (not sure what brand yet) in the trunk area with 2 Eclipse 6x9's attached.
You wont really get good bass out of 8s....id go atleast 10s...

bidibronco

Reaction score
Well, I had a set of Jensen XS1212 dual subs in a Mephis box but blew one of the twelves. Now I have a set of JL audio W3D4 12 inch subs and I'm saving to get a new JL audio 500 watt mono block amp that is 1ohm stable. I know my Jensens for being a cheap brand sounded good but these JL's will be better. I'm also waiting untill I get the interior looking a bit better than it is. I have a Pioneer head unit, alpine 6x9's and JBL door speakers. Other than that, I have a nice set of true dual exhaust that sound pretty good to me... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
B

BroncoJJG

Reaction score
You wont really get good bass out of 8s....id go atleast 10s...
Back in my single days, i had 4 10's in my BII and it would flip a can of soda if i set it on the roof or hood :-D but not i need space for luggage, a stroller and all that other good stuff.

OP
OP
B

BroncoJJG

Reaction score
Well, I had a set of Jensen XS1212 dual subs in a Mephis box but blew one of the twelves. Now I have a set of JL audio W3D4 12 inch subs and I'm saving to get a new JL audio 500 watt mono block amp that is 1ohm stable. I know my Jensens for being a cheap brand sounded good but these JL's will be better. I'm also waiting untill I get the interior looking a bit better than it is. I have a Pioneer head unit, alpine 6x9's and JBL door speakers. Other than that, I have a nice set of true dual exhaust that sound pretty good to me... ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
What size are the door and rear speakers? i still havent yanked my panels off to inspect.

JL's sound great, but dang i'm too poor to afford that stuff . JBL's are some great speakers, i had a pair of GTO componets and they put out bass even in a 6.5

LOSTinthewoods

Reaction score
I,ve got a pioneer 80mp head unit. Infinity Reference 7541A (111 watts X 4 RMS) pushing 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5 components in the front and 2 Infinity Kappa 6X9's In costom enclosures in the rear. For bass I'm using an Infinity Reference 1211a (1300 watts X 1 RMS @ 2 ohm) pushing 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect VQ 12inch subs in seprate sealed enclosures.Needed a 200Amp g3 altinator conversion and a 10 farad capasitor in my 88 to give it all enough juice.

Last edited by a moderator:

LOSTinthewoods

Reaction score
Fronts = 6.5 inch

Rear = 5x7 or 6x8

neither have enough air space to create good bass from small speakers like that if your looking smooth nice bass for cheap Best buy has that Dual brand set you can get for like $150 maybe $200 .Its 2 12's or 10's in a bandpass box (the one with the plexiglass front panel) with a 460watt amp.

My buddy bought one for his 88 and its extremely nice especially for only a couple bucks. I was really impressed with them.

89Bronco58

Reaction score
2 Alpine type R 12's, 2000 watt amp, 6 sony high speakers with 600 watt amp pushing them, and some crazy motorized flip face headunit from DUAL.....stuff is LOUD :D/ :D/

2NDTOUR89

Reaction score
I have all Pioneer in my ride with a DEHP3800MP deck, two 6.5" in the doors, two 6x8" in the rear with a 500W amp and a 10" sub. Sounds plenty good for me...

swampthing

Reaction score
i got a lanzar 800W amp mismatched door speakers and 2 POS sony 12 inch xplodes...sounds good to me thats all i care about

mbtech2003

Reaction score
pioneer premier deck 6 1/2 polk audio components in front and 2 5X7 3way polk in the rear no amp for them yet but soon. just had my amp fixed. sony xplod class D amp 1200 watts for 2 L7 kickers. ported box running 1 ohm total.

pukfit64

Reaction score
i took some truck boxes and mounted them over the head of the seats like a jeep sound bar because i removed my top and go mddin got to keep them clean you cant get massive sound but there in a goo dspot you hear everything

Mike @ Tracy

Reaction score
Pioneer, Kenwood, PowerAcoustic, Fosgate, and MTX. Not necesarily in that order. And this is whats in the back. The stroller goes in my wifes Tahoe :)>-

It sound better than it looks

system.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

muladesigns1

Reaction score
2 1/2" Dual exhaust magna flows, nice choppy cam, aluminum heads, 5 speed manual, mounted to a 427 is all the music I need.

OH and throw it in an AC Cobra for a little extra flava