Parts for suspension lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cocobum

Reaction score
Im getting ready to replace the suspension on my 96 bronco and was talked into a suspension lift by a friend, it is only going to be somthing small 2"/3". He said he would help me although i don't think he knows jack (he says i won't have to get new parts exept for the shocks/springs???).

Just wandering if this was true or not, also if anyone has any recomendations on certian lifts that would be helpful as well

BLADE262US

Reaction score
I would say it is not true you can lift the rear of a bronco 6 " for about $50 the front is where the expense comes in you cannot just put longer springs on it unless you own stock in a tire company . Everything up there has to be lowered equally and evenly to maintain the stock camber , caster . toe settings and even done right theres sometimes some issues with that . I would say before you spend any money read up on how to install a lift to find what tools your going to have to have . And were always here to answer questions the best we can . :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ocalabronco

Reaction score
if you stay at around 2", you can get away with just longer springs and new alignment bushings. its not the BEST way to do it, but it will work. the best way to do it, though, is to buy a complete kit that covers the front and rear suspension. what you wanna look for in the front is: new springs, new dropped pivot brackets (where the housings actually attach to the frame) and either dropped radius arm brackets or optimally, extended radius arms.

cutting corners is never a very good way to go about stuff. the best advice i can give you is research, learn, read, research some more.....

whitey

Reaction score
cutting corners is never a very good way to go about stuff. the best advice i can give you is research, learn, read, research some more.....

thats the best advice right there. read the forum and research online. we have a ton of threads that go into detail- a few of them started by myself because i needed input. you may find like i did that a 2 inch isn't what you want long term. i did. i went from debating a 2 inch to a 4 to finally a 6.

not saying you will do the same but, definitely don't cut corners on whatever suspension height you settle on. save up a little longer or spend a little more and get a true kit. what little $ you may save now by taking a cheaper way out you will definitely spend way more than you initally saved later when big problems start to happen.

one other thing that i feel is being left out and maybe your real question- is if your front end is fading on you already- you would probably want to adrdess those issues before even considering lifting it at all. i'm hoping your buddy didn't recommend a lift to remedy a bad front end.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj