New engine for '96 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motech

Reaction score
Careful with the ford. Unless you're going with one of their own power sports performance engines, they (according to my local dealer) no longer sell their own remanufactured replacement engines. They're getting them (shudder) from Jasper.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Now tha diesel is higher then gas. The prices should be coming down on them. I heard people were trading them in now because of it.
Now tha diesel is higher then gas. The prices should be coming down on them. I heard people were trading them in now because of it.
W
Careful with the ford. Unless you're going with one of their own power sports performance engines, they (according to my local dealer) no longer sell their own remanufactured replacement engines. They're getting them (shudder) from Jasper.
Well it sounds like Ford is wanting tto go out of business-- I heard Jasper id junk. A cousin went throgh 5 before he got a good one. I want not have a Jasper motor if they gave it to me. Alot of these big companys are messing up--to cut corners and give it to the ceos and NOT the workers that make the company.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo DenverBronco96,
Welcome and congrats on acquiring the very best year Big Bronco known to men, women, children and canines!

ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed. If you still have concerns about Recalls, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center:
US: 800-392-3673 | CA: 800-565-3673
Note: 3673 spells "FORD" on phone keys
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 71
... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair
Note that the 93 recall is different than the 94-96 recall.

●Here's the 1996 Bronco/F-Series Workshop Manual partial

96 Bronco Owner's Guide, Maintenance Schedules & Parts and Accessories by Ford @ Owner Manuals | fleet.ford.com

96 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...sovers/bronco/pdf/96_Ford_Bronco_Brochure.pdf

96 Bronco Quick Tips Brochure Excerpts & some Eddie Bauer options @ 1983 Ford Bronco 96 EB Bronco Brochures pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

CREB Engineering @
http://www.crebengineering.com/ has a very good reputation for good reman engines.
"feel free to email, text or call us at 1-401-710-9405 for the shop and 401-300-1172 for the cell

or

email:
[email protected]

BluePrint is pretty good for their new engines.

Good hunting!
Al

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo DenverBronco96,
Welcome and congrats on acquiring the very best year Big Bronco known to men, women, children and canines!

ASAP, find out if speed control recall work, if equipped was completed. If you still have concerns about Recalls, please contact the Ford Customer Relationship Center:
For the hearing- or speech-impaired: Please contact the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 71
... have VIN ready.
"Summary: ON CERTAIN PICKUP TRUCKS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, AND MOTOR HOMES CHASSIS, THE SPEED CONTROL DEACTIVATION SWITCH MAY, UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, LEAK INTERNALLY AND THEN OVERHEAT, SMOKE, OR BURN. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN UNDERHOOD FIRE."
To confirm current status, use this guide by jowens1126 @ 93 & 94-96 Cruise Control Recalls Repair

96 Bronco Owner's Guide, Maintenance Schedules & Parts and Accessories by Ford @ Owner Manuals | fleet.ford.com

96 Bronco Dealer Brochure @ https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...sovers/bronco/pdf/96_Ford_Bronco_Brochure.pdf

96 Bronco Quick Tips Brochure Excerpts & some Eddie Bauer options @ 1983 Ford Bronco 96 EB Bronco Brochures pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

CREB Engineering @
http://www.crebengineering.com/ has a very good reputation for good reman engines.
"feel free to email, text or call us at 1-401-710-9405 for the shop and 401-300-1172 for the cell

or

email:
[email protected]

Good hunting!
Al
Sounds like a good motor to put in a airplane . That,s alot of power to drive over dirt roads.

OP
OP
DenverBronco96

DenverBronco96

Reaction score
Learning, trying to figure things out on the fly, and appreciate the great feedback. Here's what I agreed to so far with my mechanic:
- Rebuilt/Reman Ford 5.8L engine
- Edelbrock 60259 performance heads
- Ford Windsor hydraulic roller tappet cam
- BBK 3503 throttle body
- JBA Cat4ward headers

All with a goal of trying to stick with the 351W engine, but boosting power closer to 350-400hp.

Not sure this is the right path, but makes sense so far. Interested if you think value of vehicle will be reduced by engine mods, or increased by stronger powerplant.

Thx.

OP
OP
DenverBronco96

DenverBronco96

Reaction score
Yo DenverBronco96,

... have VIN ready.

CREB Engineering @

or

email:
[email protected]

Good hunting!
Al
This is great info and reference materials, thank you. Will take a look at Ford vs. Jasper reman engine, plus CREB. Good intel.

steveccp

Reaction score
I went through the same thing - for different reasons - recently. I settled on a full crate motor - just plug in and drive. Costs a little more, but worth it for me. Everything is new on it and a mild uptick in performance from stock 351W.

I did a lot of research prior to pulling the trigger- on the shop/vendor and what you want to do with it. There are literally thousands of options. Only surefire recs I can give is to do your research and find something that fits your budget and skill. I use my bronco for strictly off-road - I wanted to go fast and have a ton of torque so I could pull my jeep friends out of the mud.
I have recently replaced my 93 5.8 with a Jasper remanufactured long block, included 3 yr./100K mile warranty. After R&R cost Injectors, BBK throttle body water pump, shorty headers etc. cost $7600.00. Runs great. Suggest that you replace all of your vacuum lines and reroute them. I have 4:10 Gears with 35x12.5x15 and can spin them from a start,lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar