Modern stuff in the Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Well work with many new vehicles everyday. There is a lot of great stuff that I would love to have in my Bronco. Stuff like auto-dim rearview mirror, overhead console, center console, power heated seats, steering wheel, ect...

Anywho, heres some things I want to change this summer:

Headliner with overhead console.. how easy would it be to take a new vehicle headliner, cut it and fit it to the bronco? I would like to have an overhead console for sunglasses and such.

Power heated seats..would like to get black leather heated/cooled seats out of an LTZ Chevy Suburban.. anyone know how the cooling function works on those seats?

Center console.. anyone use one out of another truck that fits well, and looks good?

How hard would it be to take a steering wheel out of a ford escape 2010 model, and slap that into my 89? Not sure on how those work....

BRONCOGRL911

Reaction score
I know as far as the overhead console,the later model xlt and eddie bauer had one as an option with a digital compass and thermometer,light,and sunglass holder.The later steering wheel would be kind of difficult because of the clockspring or contacts in the stock column to later steering wheel.

OP
OP
A

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Thanks for the info..I'll check out them broncos headliners..be nice to have

50joe

Reaction score
Alot of that stuff is also run by various control modules programmed to run with each other. Some of these newer vehicles have up to 10 different computers, all tied together, to run all the fancy stuff they come up with. But hey, if you can find a way to make some of that stuff for older cars, I would patent it before someone else does.

Seabronc

Reaction score
Well work with many new vehicles everyday. There is a lot of great stuff that I would love to have in my Bronco. Stuff like auto-dim rearview mirror, overhead console, center console, power heated seats, steering wheel, ect...

Anywho, heres some things I want to change this summer:

Headliner with overhead console.. how easy would it be to take a new vehicle headliner, cut it and fit it to the bronco? I would like to have an overhead console for sunglasses and such.

Power heated seats..would like to get black leather heated/cooled seats out of an LTZ Chevy Suburban.. anyone know how the cooling function works on those seats?

Center console.. anyone use one out of another truck that fits well, and looks good?

How hard would it be to take a steering wheel out of a ford escape 2010 model, and slap that into my 89? Not sure on how those work....
Like Broncogirl911 said, you can get most of that from a 95 Eddie Bower. I did it to my 83. You can take the headliner with it or just cut the proper sized hole in the one you have. You will need the wire harness, (as much of as you can) and the temperature sensor up front. Remove the inside window trim for running the wires. There are wiring diagrams online. When I get back home, I'll try to remember to find some more information for you.

Good luck,

:)>-

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J’s Bronco