Shooting the stuff.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkgrey79

Reaction score
I picked a 1978 Bronco. Its been the rig I've always wanted. The guy I bought it from is the second owner and he bought in 1978. He passed away about 3 years ago. His wife decided it was time to sell it. The motor was replaced in 2006. He put about 2000 miles on the motor and then some one stole it. Not sure how long it was missing but they found about 400 miles from his place. He bought brand new wheels and tires and parked it. He would go out once a month and start it but not drive it. I replaced the fuel pump and rebuilt the 4 barrel Edelbrock. Starts and runs good. The running gear was beat bad. I have never done this exact kind of work so its been fun learning as I go. So far I've replaced rear axle seals and bearings. Rear brakes and wheel cylinders. All of the rubber brake lines. Mater cylinder. Front axle shaft u joints, bearings and seals. Calipers, rotors and pads. All the ball joints.Drag link and center link. Steering rubber thingy. Front drive shaft bearing and seal in the transfer case. Currently replacing all the light pigtails. Those little thingys can cause quite the headache. Fun stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_20200823_153947237_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200823_153947237_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I picked a 1978 Bronco. Its been the rig I've always wanted. The guy I bought it from is the second owner and he bought in 1978. He passed away about 3 years ago. His wife decided it was time to sell it. The motor was replaced in 2006. He put about 2000 miles on the motor and then some one stole it. Not sure how long it was missing but they found about 400 miles from his place. He bought brand new wheels and tires and parked it. He would go out once a month and start it but not drive it. I replaced the fuel pump and rebuilt the 4 barrel Edelbrock. Starts and runs good. The running gear was beat bad. I have never done this exact kind of work so its been fun learning as I go. So far I've replaced rear axle seals and bearings. Rear brakes and wheel cylinders. All of the rubber brake lines. Mater cylinder. Front axle shaft u joints, bearings and seals. Calipers, rotors and pads. All the ball joints.Drag link and center link. Steering rubber thingy. Front drive shaft bearing and seal in the transfer case. Currently replacing all the light pigtails. Those little thingys can cause quite the headache. Fun stuff.
Good looking Bronco. Yes replacing parts can be enjoyable,but sometimes a cussing contest and alot of money. That,s what one has cost me. The other one has cost a good bit less . Someone even ripped off the rear sway bar and the bushing under neith--were in bad shape.

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Awesome score…. Take your time when you get to somewhere your stuck holler at us we will gladly help you solve whatever issues you may have

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo Darkgrey79,
Sorry, somehow I missed this post!
Here's the 1979 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual by Ford via member Ziggy⚠ @
1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Manual pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
It shows Electrical component location, operation, troubleshooting, with wiring and vacuum diagrams.

1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Schematics, Connector Pin-outs, etc by Ranger429 @ 79 wiring schematics

1979 Bronco Brochure @ https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/1979-Ford-Bronco.pdf via Dezo's Garage

1979 Ford Bronco vs. Blazer Article by Ford via Indybronco @ 1978 Ford Bronco Bronco vs. Blazer (79) pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

Ford Shop Manual Diagrams: 1978-1979 Full Size Shop Manuals, partial @ Technical Diagrams Archives
My Tablet takes hours to download, so try the first in this list as long as you have Adobe Acrobat 9 or later installed.
Includes:
Wiring Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Rear Lights Diagram
Motor Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Air Cleaner Diagram
Chassis Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes '78 Brakes Diagram, Gas Tank Setup Diagram
Body Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes; Upper Body Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, heater Ducts Diagram, Tailgate Diagram, Console Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, Grill Setup Diagram, Heater Controls Diagram, Interior Trip Diagram, Rear Sheetmetal Diagram, Tiltwheel Diagram, Tire Rack
Let me know if the downloads are worth the effort.

See Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop by Dave Resch

Partial Chilton Manual for 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 Bronco. Scanned by broncocity.com @ Bronco City

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Make sure to get American made. Those China made are no good. Went through that. Green Sales Company in Ohio sale original Ford--NEW OLD STOCK. tHEIR NUMBER IS 800-543-4950-FAST COURTESY SERVICE. Check out their video too. They have alot of part -for anything old or late model and have more coming in.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke