Lift Kit Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Selkirk

Reaction score
Ok, summer is winding down and I finally have a little more time to work on the bronco. Next on the to-do-list is the 4 inch lift w/ new shocks.

I'm looking for a bang-for-buck kit that will give me good ride quality that handles well on the street, and does well off-road.

The two kits that are catching my eye are the Rancho 6570, and the Superlift Ultra Deluxe Lift w/Superunner Extended Radius off of JBG.

I think the Bilstein 5100 series is the way to go as far as shocks, everyone that has them loves them.

The Rancho 6570 runs about $975 on different sites, and the Superlift runs $1095 on JBG. I' leaning towards the Superlift kit because it comes with a whole new leaf pack rather than just AAL. I definetily want a full new leaf pack rather than just a aal. 99% of my driving is on the street, so it needs to be street friendly. Is there other kits out there that are better than these two I suggested for around the same price?

Also, where would be the best place to buy this kit and shocks? 4WP is sky-high, and it seems like the best place to buy it is online from different competitors. I would like to keep it under $1500 for everything.

I am open to all opinions, so tell me what yall think.

Thanks,

Selkirk

Miss Kitten

Reaction score
a new spring pack is definately the way to go over an AAL

if you're really wanting to keep the ride nice i would try to research which kit offers a softer coil spring for the front. the bilstein shocks are pricey but worth it from what i hear. so if you are going to be spending that kind of money on shocks i'd make sure you are happy with the springs as well

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Selkirk, I've installed several 4" kits from Rough Country. The basic kit is about $475-$500, but you can add on the extended arms and AAL or leaf packs. For a budget build, I would do the AAL only. Check with Tough Country Outfitters in El Campo, TX. That's where I bought my Skyjacker 6" lift kit a few years back. I prefer to buy local rather than online if possible, and actually got a good discount from them. JSM84

Edit: If you do buy online, try Bronco Graveyard for the Superlift kit. I think it will be a bit softer than the Rancho on the spring rates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK