Latest Bronco stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MississippiSlim

Reaction score
So I got my lift kit and tires last year and then had no time to get the kit installed due to moving to New Orleans. So the Bronco sat at my place in Mississippi only getting cranked a couple times a month. Rear window motor quit working then the truck quit cranking. Last week when I was in from offshore and up in Mississippi, I started installing the lift kit. Rear went on in a couple hours. Front end was a booger but I got all of the brackets in place then my drill burnt up while drilling the extra holes. Anyway, I was running out of time so I gave it a rest. Word of advice: Installing a lift kit in your yard on dirt in 90 degree weather is a pain in the butt.

Replaced the external fuel pump and fuel pump relay. SHe is running again. Could have just replaced the relay I think but I figured the pump was 21 years old so went ahead and did that too.

Bought a High lift bumper jack but have to fab some lift points that are sturdier than the wuss bumper on the 88.

Been thinking of what to do with the spare for the 33's. Figure the weight would **** the tail gate spare mount so will prolly fab up a spare gas can rack and jack holder there. THinking of building a safari rack type thing that fits over the cab to hold the spare.

Got my soft top on order from Jeffs (hopefully will be in soon. There was a mix up with the window tint and they wanted to know if I wanted it with clear windows but I was working late and didnt get the message so hopefully they will ship it Monday!

So hopefully will get everything done and get it to the front end shop tuesday week.

RBuffordTJ

Reaction score
So I got my lift kit and tires last year and then had no time to get the kit installed due to moving to New Orleans. So the Bronco sat at my place in Mississippi only getting cranked a couple times a month. Rear window motor quit working then the truck quit cranking. Last week when I was in from offshore and up in Mississippi, I started installing the lift kit. Rear went on in a couple hours. Front end was a booger but I got all of the brackets in place then my drill burnt up while drilling the extra holes. Anyway, I was running out of time so I gave it a rest. Word of advice: Installing a lift kit in your yard on dirt in 90 degree weather is a pain in the butt.
Replaced the external fuel pump and fuel pump relay. SHe is running again. Could have just replaced the relay I think but I figured the pump was 21 years old so went ahead and did that too.

Bought a High lift bumper jack but have to fab some lift points that are sturdier than the wuss bumper on the 88.

Been thinking of what to do with the spare for the 33's. Figure the weight would **** the tail gate spare mount so will prolly fab up a spare gas can rack and jack holder there. THinking of building a safari rack type thing that fits over the cab to hold the spare.

Got my soft top on order from Jeffs (hopefully will be in soon. There was a mix up with the window tint and they wanted to know if I wanted it with clear windows but I was working late and didnt get the message so hopefully they will ship it Monday!

So hopefully will get everything done and get it to the front end shop tuesday week.
Sounds like a great project you have going.

Yes, the rear tire carrier will probably be damaged if you put that tire on there, I have considered having a bumper based barn door style carrier fabricated for mine but it will have to be an a not stock bumper. One that will take a gas can on the one side and the tire on the other and swings out to both sides instead of one. Hinged in the middle. I do love the safari style racks for the roof though, those look nice!

As for the soft top, I am chomping at the bit to order mine but I am waiting another month or so.

Rick in Orlando

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK