Keyless entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
I never knew the broncos had keyless entry!!

Are theyeasy to install factory systems into 89 broncos? My key locks get frozen in the winter.. Keyless make it so much easier than almost bresking my key in the key hole..

Seabronc

Reaction score
First off, get yourself a Little bottle of lock deicer. That is from moisture getting into the lock so you can also squirt a little WD40 into it to displace the moisture before it freezes.

Do you have e manual locks or do you have a button on the inside that operates both doors? If you already have electric locks, your best bet is probably to install an aftermarket remote lock system, and since you have an EFI engine you can also have the remote start feature. However, I would have a shop install it. That way they back up their work with some sort of warranty.

Good luck,

:)>-

OP
OP
A

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Yeah I knew about wd40 an lock deicer..got both.

Doesnt work too well..

On my new truck I have remote start that they used the orig key fob with the truck.. Gotta press lock, unlock, lock an it starts. I love this because most aftermarket key fobs look cheesy. I perfer oem fobs as they look the best. But I think I found one with remote start that has some style to it.

And yes, a shop install is a must. I hate electrical interior fixes an instslls other than stereos..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigd1948