I think I found my Thermactor air system Problem..Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92Beast

Reaction score
So I looked under the truck and saw that the tube that goes into the cat was pinched/welded shut by the PO.

GEDC0023.jpg

GEDC0024.jpg

This would be the problem that caused my 311 code (Thermactor air system inoperative (right side) correct?

While I was under there I also snapped a couple random pics....

Body mount not looking too good.

GEDC0025-1.jpg

*** is this in my trans????

GEDC0026.jpg

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo!

yeah, saw that in da udder Forum.. sent you a reply there too; PCI makes VG tubes..PCI Inc...great customer service; or buy PCI tube from NAPA ..

DTC 311 Thermactor air system inoperable. "...The computer determined that for some reason the fresh air injection from the Thermactor system was not present. There are several components that make up this system. The initial component is the smog pump. The first checks I would make are the hoses and plumbing from the smog pump back to the diverter valve (behind the pass. cylinder head) and then on to the crossover pipe at the back of the heads and down to the catalytic converter. The check valves that are at the center of the cross over pipe and the top of the metal tube from the cat are often the culprits as they can and do snap in half as the get old. If the plumbing looks to be in good order we can discuss the slightly more complicated aspects of the system. The diverter valve also has two vacuum lines running to it. Make certain they are in place and intact. (Computer needs to be able to control the flow of fresh air by the Thermactor system)..."

ck TAD/TAB solenoids - hoses to & from da "coffee can" (carbon canister for Evap System)

ck for info on each, locations, tests in my bronco site under Emissions..

GL!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar