Hubs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbrown198

Reaction score
The automatic hubs on my 96 need to be replace... I would like to replace them with manual ones. Any suggestions?

offroadford4x4

Reaction score
it can be done and ain't very hard. I'd recomend Superwinch hubs. The cost only a few bucks more than the standard Warn hubs, but have the quality of Warm premiums. Warn recomends some sort of conversion kit for it but I've heard of people not using them.

you can also try pulling out the auto hubs and cleaning them and regreasing them with a high quality grease. You'd be surprised how many hubs are repaced only cause the grease is dirty and gettin solid causing the hub to not work properly.

I work for a dealer and most the time the tech's will clean and regrease the hubs and they work fine.

andydic

Reaction score
I just installed warn manual hubs on my 95 this weekend. Its very easy. I have never done it before and had no clue. I did have to use the conversion kit since i have the 3 torx screws on the hub. It cost about 120 total for the hubs and the conversion kit. If you don't have the right tools I wouldn't even try doing it yourself. The hardest part was getting out the first lock ring. After that everything just comes out. I did have help from a mechanic and it took us 35 minutes to do both sides.

OP
OP
D

dbrown198

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions! I will let you guys know how it turns out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23