High Gas Prices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Preacher

Reaction score
i just thought i would brag a little bit here. I have a 92 with a FI 351. been doing a few upgrades here and there: new spark plugs( autolite i think) a k&n air filter, new wires, new cap and rotor, better tires( the guy i bought the bronco from had car tires on it). and a few other minor things.

anyway, when i got the bronco this january it was getting about 13 mpg. now i am getting almost 21 mpg. still spending the same amount of money since every time i do something to get better miliage, the gas prices go up but i am visitting the gas station less often now. :)>-

mansquirt86

Reaction score
damn you people, i get 13 in my 88 302... and thats on an extremely good day. Not to mention gas is $2.45 a gallon where i live. I blame OPEC for my problems, they are the root of all evil!!

dicain

Reaction score
Are you going down hill? I get fifteen on my new motor on a good day!

cowboydan

Reaction score
prices are bad in ab, i pay $.85/l. i think that adds up somewhere round 3.40/g... canadian ofcourse. lucky for me, i have the aod tranny/ 3.54 gears

Last edited by a moderator:

Ktomek06

Reaction score
On my 94 302, I get about 11 or 12 the last time 2 times I have checked and i only drive n the city and rarely go on the highway

hawk2100n

Wants Overdrive
Reaction score
I used to get 8 until i made a cold air intake and now i get 13. i just went on a major trip last week and was pulling 1800 lbs worth of kyaks on the highway and i was getting 10 on the road and about 7 in the mountainous parts.

Bronco_In_Ny

Reaction score
I've been getting 13 on mine if I drive it like a 80 yr old lady, but when I hit on it it drinks down the gas lik I drink Milk, and in NY the gas prices for Premium is 2.24gal, I think I'm doing ok with whats under my hood.

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
It must be flat in your neck of the woods to get 21 mpg. Here in Washington you can't go anywhere without going up a hill or mountain. My F350 w/ a 460 gets 6-8mpg pulling the Bronco on a flat bed trailer, up the pass I get about 2mpg. Watch that guage go! :blink:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj