Hello Everyone! New to Broncos and heres my new toy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blkstang2002

Reaction score
hello everyone. so yea, im new here and i just bought a 1996 ford bronco. im the 3rd owner and i purchase it from a lady in sacramento and i actually took a plane to fly there and pick it up from san diego(500 miles away)! the bronco had radial small tires and huge running board which i took off and put 33x12.50x15 A/T on some M/T wheels 15x10 and i pick my 6" lift(extended radius arm) lift up for this weekend! im stoked! so anyways, glad to be a member and ive had questions on here already and yall helped me out, thanks!! im from san diego california by the way and looking foward to doing some offroadin. wish i were in tennessee doin some muddin though! lol. heres some pics with the 33" tires on the stock wheels. more pics later.

*** soon ill be adding engine mods, the bbk throttle body, edelbrock performer upper and lower intake, heads ,cam, headders, and steel cowl hood.***

OFF_ROADING_033.jpg

DSCN1863.JPG

Seabronc

Reaction score
Welcome to the Zone > . Nice truck. I don't want to sound like a wet blanket, but stock wheels do not have wide enough rims for 33 x 12.5s. Yes you can stuff them on there, but it voids the tire manufacturer warranty. If you pop a bead and have an accident that results in serious injury or death to someone you will be on your own, the tire manufacturer is off the hook. The minimum rim width for all manufacturers of 33 x 12.5s is 8.5 inches and a stock rim is 7 inches. Check out the specs at Tire Rack http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?mak...yes&place=0

Good luck,

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt_V

Have Bronco....need money.
Reaction score
....and put 33x12.50x15 A/T on some M/T wheels 15x10 and i pick my 6" lift(extended radius arm) lift up for this weekend!
Welcome to the Zone > . Nice truck. I don't want to sound like a wet blanket, but stock wheels do not have wide enough rims for 33 x 12.5s. Yes you can stuff them on there, but it voids the tire manufacturer warranty. If you pop a bead and have an accident that results in serious injury or death to someone you will be on your own, the tire manufacturer is off the hook. The minimum rim width for all manufacturers of 33 x 12.5s is 8.5 inches and a stock rim is 7 inches. Check out the specs at Tire Rack http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?mak...yes&place=0
Good luck,

15x10's aren't 7 inches...are they? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
B

blkstang2002

Reaction score
Good luck,

yea, seabronc....they got them on there. but i thought that the stock alcoa wheels were 8" wide? anyways, they were on there for few weeks then i bought M/T wheels. 15x10" they fit nicely. thanks for the info tho.

OP
OP
B

blkstang2002

Reaction score
15x10's aren't 7 inches...are they? :lol:
yea, i dont think he noticed on my interduction that i had already put the tires on new wheels. i did have them on for a few weeks tho, good thing they are off the stock wheels, i would hate to cause injury to me or someone else. well thanks for all the welcome yall!!!!

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo! WELCOME!

Good find..also, have you recalibrated the PDOM (Electronic Speedo/Odometer) yet?

Your speedometer will be off as well as MPG will look diff but most importantly, your shift point on the E4OD will be off - assuming you have an E4OD in there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23