Greetings, fellow Bronco enthusiasts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Just received the okey-dokey to post. Looking forward to learning and possibly helping others with anything Bronco. Semiretired RN with many skills, but master of very few.

Randy
welcome aboard mate . Thank you for serving our country too.Appreciate it.

OP
OP
R

RustyRide

Reaction score
Is that RETIRED NURSE or RETIRED NAVY?
Merely a retired registered nurse…well, MOSTLY retired. I still do some nursing work occasionally so I don’t have to do CEUs to keep my license up. I’ve worked on a cardiology floor, a rehab unit and a drug and alcohol treatment center and now part-time at an assisted living facility, so I feel like I’ve done battle. Lol

Randy

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Merely a retired registered nurse…well, MOSTLY retired. I still do some nursing work occasionally so I don’t have to do CEUs to keep my license up. I’ve worked on a cardiology floor, a rehab unit and a drug and alcohol treatment center and now part-time at an assisted living facility, so I feel like I’ve done battle. Lol

Randy
Done some of it---wouldn,t want to do it again. The women I worked with -----------never again . Liked the mines,woods and truck driving aot better.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Afriend of mine had one like yours. I noticed the two gas tanks on his and asked him ifit was ******* gas? He said it was and guess its why ford put two tanks on it. What motor do you have? His had --I think a 289

OP
OP
R

RustyRide

Reaction score
I like the looks of those tires. What size and brand are they? Do they wear good and grip good? I wonder how they would be in snow and on slick roads?
They are some Maxxis Mudders. Not for certain of the size, but they’re either P or Q “buckshot mudders”. Rims are 9” wide, 15” diameter. If they are inflated to max load PSI, they’re 37” diameter. They grip like a murf in mud. Will dig a very deep hole in sand and bury it. They do okey-dokey in snow, but are hideous on ice and cause a large pucker factor. They are radial tires but are soft and wear pretty fast on pavement. Tires are pretty loud on pavement at speed and sound like a bearing failed when they lose the center tread and the outside lugs are what’s on the road.
Probably will replace these tires as the sidewalls are starting to crack a bit.

Randy

OP
OP
R

RustyRide

Reaction score
The engine is a 5.0 ** roller motor, that as best I can tell from casting #s , is from an ‘86 mustang. Engine is now a 347 stroker motor. AFR heads, edlebrock dual plane intake and carb. Engine guy says it should push 450HP. Going to half cab…well, I had a ‘72 that was a full cab that went to a half cab, back to a full cab. I really like the half cab look. Plus, less metal to prep and paint. Lol

Randy

johnnyreb

Reaction score
The engine is a 5.0 ** roller motor, that as best I can tell from casting #s , is from an ‘86 mustang. Engine is now a 347 stroker motor. AFR heads, edlebrock dual plane intake and carb. Engine guy says it should push 450HP. Going to half cab…well, I had a ‘72 that was a full cab that went to a half cab, back to a full cab. I really like the half cab look. Plus, less metal to prep and paint. Lol

Randy
I do to,but what I like about a full size . Is if you have to spend a night in it--like break down. Can,nt get much sleep sitting up and its a really rough feeling.hhaha

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice bronco. Whenever I see one pop up for sale I must resist the urge LOL. I had a couple when I was younger and just loved the way they rode and drove.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
They are some Maxxis Mudders. Not for certain of the size, but they’re either P or Q “buckshot mudders”. Rims are 9” wide, 15” diameter. If they are inflated to max load PSI, they’re 37” diameter. They grip like a murf in mud. Will dig a very deep hole in sand and bury it. They do okey-dokey in snow, but are hideous on ice and cause a large pucker factor. They are radial tires but are soft and wear pretty fast on pavement. Tires are pretty loud on pavement at speed and sound like a bearing failed when they lose the center tread and the outside lugs are what’s on the road.
Probably will replace these tires as the sidewalls are starting to crack a bit.

Randy
I rn a set of Buckshoot one time. Like you said. No good in snow.

Superduty 66

Reaction score
Just received the okey-dokey to post. Looking forward to learning and possibly helping others with anything Bronco. Semiretired RN with many skills, but master of very few.

Randy
Welcome, I to am an RN but not semiretired yet. This is my second career, I was a master certified auto technician for 22 yrs . I have been an RN for 9yrs now working with forensic psych patients and have done some skilled nursing and LTC. I've been messing around with full size Broncos for about 18 years mainly 80s and 90s models. I do love the first generation Broncos too.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Welcome, I to am an RN but not semiretired yet. This is my second career, I was a master certified auto technician for 22 yrs . I have been an RN for 9yrs now working with forensic psych patients and have done some skilled nursing and LTC. I've been messing around with full size Broncos for about 18 years mainly 80s and 90s models. I do love the first generation Broncos too.
Well I find that everytime I start working on mine. I learn something each time. Plus it takes your mind off of somethings and is good therapy.

OP
OP
R

RustyRide

Reaction score
I have a BS in economics and did cost analysis for dept of agriculture for 21 years (1st career). Residential and light commercial construction (2nd career). Operated a trackhoe and dozer (3rd career). Went to RN school at age 57. Throw in a mix of blade making and minor gunsmith work. Guess I’ll figure out what I want to do if I ever grow up. 🤣🤣

Randy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23