Gas mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cabe

Reaction score
Sup fellas. Just wondering what kinda gas mileage you are getting, stock and for the people who have theirs lifted please state what size tires and lift you are running. Looking into getting a 94,95, or 96 bronco in the near future and was wondering what i can expect gas mileage wise. thanks.

50joe

Reaction score
My 96 had a 5.0, stock save for exhaust, running 32x10.5 on a stock suspension. My usual commute of 30 miles round trip is half city half highway, and I average a less than desirable 12.8 MPG. (but then again I only have a 2 speed throttle: dead stop and wide open) :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

95 buckin bronco

Reaction score
man ur lucky i got a 5.8 in my 95 xlt stock everything except cam and i get 10 city 12 highway runnin 31x10.50 also.

92broncomann

Reaction score
92 Bronco, A little off the year range but Gas Milage none the less. If im a softy and nice to her 13-14 around town is amazing. Highway milage is great because of 3.55's and 33's lol runs about 15-17hwympg.

Now like i said "IF" im a softy on it, however, my truck is like Chuck Norris in truck form and has only two speeds; Walk and ****.

Less than 10, i dont want to talk about it lol. Worst ever, 7.8mpg.

92BM

crazyhorse85

Reaction score
On my 85 about the only thing left stock is the gearing..(3.55) Even with a 351 4 bbl bored 0.40 over the mpg really isn't too bad...I've tried that sixlitre tune-up and has made a difference...I believe i'm getting right at 15 in the city and somewhere close to 18 on the hwy...Even though i don't see a whole lot of hwy miles...Once in awhile...But running a 2.5 inch lift and 33x12.50r15's...But if i really open up that 750 holley i might be lucky to see 8 or 9 mpg...LOL.... B)

50joe

Reaction score
I get 12.8 MPG on average, and my truck IS calibrated. I Used the same DYNO that the state of NJ used to use to run the ASM50/15 test for emissions, and it is was calibrated every three days. Although the state test only ran a vehicle at 15 mph at 50% load, (hence the asm50/15), it did have a free form test drive option on it, which allowed you to run the vehicle on the dyno up to 50mph. So while some may be off, MY readings ARE accurate.

keeprollling

Reaction score
I was running 31 10.50 15 with a 5.8 and a stock 8.8 rear end. On a good tank I will do 9-10MPG and on the worst tank, if I have my Hydrogen pump off I will get about 7-8MPG

I have my truck at the shop getting suspension upgraded, I will have about 5 to 6 inches of lift up front and deaver leafs in the rear. I am looking to score some 35" tires but am having a hard time doing so. The shop I am getting the work done will handle recalibration of the speedo. Gears will be changed later but next on the list is engine rebuild. Once my engine is rebuilt I am hoping to bring my MPG back up to normal.

JCFindley

Reaction score
Ten, ten highway, ten city, ten on road or off road.

92 with a 351 32x9.5x15 bias ply swampers.......

(OK, it actually ranges between 9.5 and 10.5)

JC

JCFindley

Reaction score
x said:

Ya know, I take the larger tire size into consideration when keeping the speed limit but had forgot about it when talking milage, let me revise my previous post. I get 10.3% better than stated which brings me to 11. (10.5-11.5 actually) Hey, don't laugh, 10% is a huge savings over time........

JC

Last edited by a moderator:

keeprollling

Reaction score
x said:
You're not pumping any Hydrogen, and it wouldn't help, even if you were. Try this: turn it on, disconnect the hose from the engine, and try to light the end, like a candle. I bet it won't burn.

MythBusters debunked those, and every other "fuel saver" on the market. If any of them worked, the EPA & CARB would require them on every new vehicle sold in the country.
When I made the system but before installing it in the truck I ran one bottle and did test it with a flame. Everything was good but very faint, after messing with it a little more I got a larger flame to stay lite. I then created a second bottle and installed it on the truck.
Now I am a fan of mythbusters and have seen that episode, I think they could have run their test a little different. Especially when they tried injecting hydrogen straight to their carb.

I have two bottles hooked up and when I run them and they are working, I notice an increase in 1 to 2 MPG so I will continue to run them. My driving habits do not change so I cannot blame the difference of mileage on that. I also usually fill up at the same gas station unless I am out of the area and I need to pump. Also every fill up I calculate the MPG as my fuel gauge does not work so I am adding fuel at around 200 to 250 miles. When i wait till 250 I am usually pumping about 26 Gal.

I am not selling the browns gas system on to no one but if people do want to try by all means they should do their homework and come up with their own conclusion.

About the EPA they are just another Government agency and that is all I have to say about that.

If anyone wants to learn about the system they should google HHO gas.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
x said:
That proves you're not making what you think you are. ***

Dang!!

Ok x, nobody is going to deny your knowledge, but lets have some fun too!

Just because something isn't standard by governmental, manufacturer, Bill Nye, or mothers rules doesn't mean it isn't something interesting and worthy of conversation here.

Personally, I like hearing all the homegarage/shadetree engineering that true "Car Guys" do. It's what keeps us young and makes things fun.

bobstrat

Reaction score

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Ya'll got some crappy MPG!!!

5.0 with 308,377 miles on orig. motor and drivetrain.

31x10.5x15 on stock suspension

On our camp trip to Alamosa, CO we were getting 21.9 mpg - Half was doing 75mph the other was up and down the rocky mountains between 45-65mph on a 370 mile trip (each way).

On average I get about 16mpg city and 20mpg highway..depending if I'm on the flat lands of I-25 or mountain hills on I-70

Just done minor maint. in the last year..spark plugs, oil changes (3 total), air filter, oil catch can installed/drained, cap, and sea foam (3/4 intake and 1/4 in gas tank)

I run premium gas (91 oct).

On my gas gauge, I'm just under 7/8th of a tank full, and have traveled 76 miles so far sense last fill up. Gas guage is fairly constant per miles/gallons used unlike my new truck that has a hard time trying to figure out exactlyu how much fuel I actually have..

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Ya'll got some crappy MPG!!!
5.0 with 308,377 miles on orig. motor and drivetrain.

31x10.5x15 on stock suspension

On our camp trip to Alamosa, CO we were getting 21.9 mpg - Half was doing 75mph the other was up and down the rocky mountains between 45-65mph on a 370 mile trip (each way).

On average I get about 16mpg city and 20mpg highway..depending if I'm on the flat lands of I-25 or mountain hills on I-70

Just done minor maint. in the last year..spark plugs, oil changes (3 total), air filter, oil catch can installed/drained, cap, and sea foam (3/4 intake and 1/4 in gas tank)

I run premium gas (91 oct).

On my gas gauge, I'm just under 7/8th of a tank full, and have traveled 76 miles so far sense last fill up. Gas guage is fairly constant per miles/gallons used unlike my new truck that has a hard time trying to figure out exactlyu how much fuel I actually have..

So am I correct to understand you use 3/4 seafoam sucked in the intake and 1/4 in the tank?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj