Gas mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
So am I correct to understand you use 3/4 seafoam sucked in the intake and 1/4 in the tank?
Yep. Take off the vacume hose off the brake booster, and turn on the truck. Slowly pour it into the hose.. which actually the intake will just **** the sea foam into the hose. But be careful and take it slow, too much and it'll **** your motor.

after you get about 3/4 of the can sucked in, turn off the truck, and let it sit for 30 min IIRC.. mean time, I just dumped the rest of the can into the gas tank.

Noticed a little improvment from that point on ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
OK Steve, Relax....we are all just "cyber jawing" here.

Besides dude, what may not be fun to you may be the highligh of someone else's day, and opinions don't require debunking.

Although, I think in China opinions are still debunked.

Bronc76

Reaction score
OK Steve, Relax....we are all just "cyber jawing" here. Besides dude, what may not be fun to you may be the highligh of someone else's day, and opinions don't require debunking.

Although, I think in China opinions are still debunked.
It was the hightlight of my day!

Krafty

Reaction score
On the topic of Ethanol fuel, it has been proven to be less efficient than gasoline, but I believe more research and development in the manufacturing and production of this fuel would be a wise investment considering how much the demand for corn would rise giving a much needed boost to the economy, and encourage more people to become involved in farming.

one major plus to at least implementing the use of the mixed fuel would ease the demand and use of oil allowing what is left on and in the earth to last a little longer lessening the cost, and giving for more time to develop a renewable source of fuel.

there are carburetors and fuel injection kits that you can buy to make your old muscle cars and farm trucks run on the mixed and pure ethanol fuels at about the same cost as a regular carburetor or tune up, than you can use straight gasoline as well without having to modify anything.

Rons beast

Reaction score
AganDude04, how are you getting that kind of mileage!!? I got a stock 5.0 and do mostly highway driving (60 to 75) and the BEST I ever pulled was about 18.

I seafomed the Beast this morning. I'll let you know what happens.

I'm ignoring your opinion right now, Steve

bobstrat

Reaction score
x said:
your reply on page 1
"If any of them worked, the EPA & CARB would require them on every new vehicle sold in the country. "

what i provided you with was a link to cylinder heads that roughly doubled the output of a 5.0 liter engine with no other mods. if you could make the same power with half the engine, would that count as improved fuel efficiency?

the point of the **** car was not to prove or disprove ethanol as a viable replacement, as **** beats corn hands down. the point actually was that an efficient, viable alternative to fossil fuel existed long before we were concerned with such things and yet neither the epa or carb or any government agency require it.

off topic? that might carry some weight if you were a moderator. since you are just another opinionated poster, save your breath.

Last edited by a moderator:

AdamDude04

Reaction score
AganDude04, how are you getting that kind of mileage!!? I got a stock 5.0 and do mostly highway driving (60 to 75) and the BEST I ever pulled was about 18. I seafomed the Beast this morning. I'll let you know what happens.

I'm ignoring your opinion right now, Steve
I'm not exactly sure.. my truck is tired, that's a fact. 308k miles.. just basic tune-ups and replacment of a starter and alternater here and there...

My new truck has the power to push me into my seat, and take off. The Bronco..that's just a nice ride that gets from point A to point B..so I never race it (I'd loose bad) or get on it unless going up a mountain hill trying to maintain a decent speed.

The RPMs never go above 2,500k, again unless going up a mountain hill, then it'll hover around 3500rpm..but most the time in the city, it stay under the 2k mark. So I'm sure that right there helps out a lot.. but as far as the good numbers, I'm not exactly sure. Don't get me wrong, if I get on the gas, it'll **** up some juice.

All I know, is I get good MPG in that truck, it's comfortable, and altho not as luxury/nice as my Infinity QX56 suv.. it's still Badass! B)

It's also my camping truck. Though it never wonders off the trail into rocks or dead tree limbs.

Oh yeah, can't wait to hear the results on your seafoamin!!

-Adamm

Last edited by a moderator:

Rons beast

Reaction score
Hey Adamm, sorry for the misspell before.

My Beast is not a road burner either, but it is comfortable and can pull anything I have needed to.

It's a great tailgater, and can carry all the food drinks and roudy buddies to the game....and I don't worry about dings in the lot. (been hit with alot of stray footballs thrown by too many Favre wannabes.) Then gets us home smoothly on the highway.

I noticed smoother idle and more power right away after the Seafoam. The mileage will be interesting...got a game to go to this weekend so I'll let you know.

Krafty

Reaction score
yes but my question is the motive behind the use of the sentence, and what the message was that he way trying to convey with it.

that growing the male form of cannabis is dangerous?

Rons beast

Reaction score
**** is the male form of cannabis? I learned something today. I can't think of why growing massive amounts of **** would be dangerous either. Perhaps Steve was assuming it wasn't stock **** grown to maunfacture specifications.

Krafty

Reaction score
and now I get it.

I was referring to ethanol produced by corn. not ***** but **** works to....i guess

Bronc76

Reaction score
**** is the male form of cannabis? I learned something today. I can't think of why growing massive amounts of **** would be dangerous either. Perhaps Steve was assuming it wasn't stock **** grown to maunfacture specifications.
Maybe growing massive amounts could stimulate the economy and create jobs.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Yes I agree, Bronc76...growing massive amounts could stimulate the economy and creat jobs....and that's being American. So not doing so is unAmerican.

Being a good red blooded American, I'm gonna plant **** tomorrow....right after I finish all the modifications to my vehicle not allowed by the feds.

Krafty

Reaction score
lol you go right ahead and do that, as long as you don't grow or harvest the illegal female marijuana plants then the feds wont have anything to say, I think corn might be a better choice, you can eat corn.

prefect for when you harvest the illegal plants that you hopefully wont grow.

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Hey Adamm, sorry for the misspell before. My Beast is not a road burner either, but it is comfortable and can pull anything I have needed to.

It's a great tailgater, and can carry all the food drinks and roudy buddies to the game....and I don't worry about dings in the lot. (been hit with alot of stray footballs thrown by too many Favre wannabes.) Then gets us home smoothly on the highway.

I noticed smoother idle and more power right away after the Seafoam. The mileage will be interesting...got a game to go to this weekend so I'll let you know.
Glad you got more power an smoother idle. Did you also get a massive fog when you started it up an hour later? I didn't..I got a few "cute clouds" as my girl called em lol ..not quite the smoke show I was going for!

Also, there are a ton of debates, but I found in all four of my vehicles that premium fuel had an effect on MPG. My one truck with a tuner, found the best MPG with the medium grade octane. The rest with factory tunes, found premium fuel to be the best in higher MPG while A/C was NOT running. With A/C on, all seem to perform the same numbers as medium grade octane with A/C off.

Really some deep down interesting information. And this was done over a 6 month period with temps ranging from 95* to 35*

However, unclear exactly on the Broncos performance as it has been fed premium grade fuel from day bought new at the Ford Dealership back in 1989.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Glad you got more power an smoother idle. Did you also get a massive fog when you started it up an hour later? I didn't..I got a few "cute clouds" as my girl called em lol ..not quite the smoke show I was going for!
Also, there are a ton of debates, but I found in all four of my vehicles that premium fuel had an effect on MPG. My one truck with a tuner, found the best MPG with the medium grade octane. The rest with factory tunes, found premium fuel to be the best in higher MPG while A/C was NOT running. With A/C on, all seem to perform the same numbers as medium grade octane with A/C off.

Really some deep down interesting information. And this was done over a 6 month period with temps ranging from 95* to 35*

However, unclear exactly on the Broncos performance as it has been fed premium grade fuel from day bought new at the Ford Dealership back in 1989.

Thanks for the info. I usually always have the AC on. But I think I'll try the higher octaine and see what the milage is.

I got the small "Cute clouds" too :angry:

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I usually always have the AC on. But I think I'll try the higher octaine and see what the milage is.I got the small "Cute clouds" too :angry:
If you always have your A/C on, try with premium and mid grade. I'd say do 2 tanks of low grade. Then two tanks of high grade, then two of medium grade. Be sure to write down the numbers and review in about a month an a half! (assuming you use 1 tank per week)

Your truck may be like mine - Gets the same MPG using mid grade with A/C on all the time, as using high grade with A/C on all the time.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula