Gas mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riggermortis

Reaction score
that sea foam thing sounds like it might be worth a try. im driving a '67 bronc '70 302 with 5.0 injection and i get between 12 and 14 mpg depending on how i drive. maybe the sea foam might glean out the gunk and make it a little better huh??

i forgot to mention that i am also running 4 in lift and 35's with 3:50 gears and a overdrive tranny.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krafty

Reaction score
im gonna try the seafoam thing the next time I get a chance, my 302 efi had been sitting for 4 years before I got her up and running this spring.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
im gonna try the seafoam thing the next time I get a chance, my 302 efi had been sitting for 4 years before I got her up and running this spring.

The Beast is running smoother. Too soon to tell about mileage.

I told my neighbor and he says, " Oh yeah I use it in my lawn mower and weedwacker." so that's why his stuff starts on the first pull!! :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was so jelouse, but now I know @-)

AdamDude04

Reaction score
They say you can also pour some into your oil..yes, where you put that fresh oil into, you can pour this stuff. They say to drive around for about 500 miles, and what the seafoam will do is loosen the gunk inside.

They say, depending on your sitation, you'll have some thick syrup comming out..or it'll just blow chunks. If fairly clean..it'll just pour out like normal.

..but on my 308k mile motor..I'm sure there is gunk oil in places I WANT IT TO BE..if you know what I mean.

Worth a shot for some of you guys tho with newer broncos?

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Well took a 86 mile trip to Limon, CO today.

Got about 19mpg @ 70-75mph.

Trip going was against wind - trip back was wind to my back.

bobstrat

Reaction score
yes but my question is the motive behind the use of the sentence, and what the message was that he way trying to convey with it.
that growing the male form of cannabis is dangerous?

actually ***** although the same species, is not the same as what most people think of when you refer to cannabis. it lacks the levels of thc that make other forms a controlled substance.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
you guys are starting to sell me on the seafoam. i would be interested to hear of others who have used it and the results they have noticed.
At $8 a can..just worth a try yourself. It's not going to do any damage to your truck. Worst case, it does nothing. Best case (seen every time) you get noticable results.

bobstrat

Reaction score
They say you can also pour some into your oil..yes, where you put that fresh oil into, you can pour this stuff. They say to drive around for about 500 miles, and what the seafoam will do is loosen the gunk inside.
They say, depending on your sitation, you'll have some thick syrup comming out..or it'll just blow chunks. If fairly clean..it'll just pour out like normal.

..but on my 308k mile motor..I'm sure there is gunk oil in places I WANT IT TO BE..if you know what I mean.

Worth a shot for some of you guys tho with newer broncos?

this is exactly my line of thinking and why i am hesitant to use it.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
I, too am hesitent to use it in my oil, but it seems to have made a difference added to the gas, and sucked into the engine.

I'm making an 80 mile run today. I'll let you know what happens.

19MPG!! Adam, you brag man! LOL. I'm jelouse !

AdamDude04

Reaction score
this is exactly my line of thinking and why i am hesitant to use it.
..yeah even I'm weary of actually putting it in my oil crank case LOL hence why I've yet to do it.

But you're safe if you throw some in the gas tank, and most sucked through your brake booster hose.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
I, too am hesitent to use it in my oil, but it seems to have made a difference added to the gas, and sucked into the engine.I'm making an 80 mile run today. I'll let you know what happens.

19MPG!! Adam, you brag man! LOL. I'm jelouse !
One day you could be just like me :lol:

I wanted to do 33" tires..but I love the highway mpg I get in this thing.

Can't wait to hear your results. I expect a 1-2mpg gain at least with the sea foam. That's about how much I gained

Krafty

Reaction score
I didn't do a mpg test on my pickup before doing the seafoam but it has made a huge difference in idle and smoothness on the rpms.

just did half tank test and it worked out to about 14 mpg city all stock. I was a brave one and put it in my oil. I just made sure to do an oil change the next day to get the crap out.

up here in canada it was $12 but it was worth it.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula