Leaking "Sensor" on top of Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott8

Reaction score
Hey all,

I found the source of a leaking transmission of my 96 Bronco; it's this thing on top with an electric nodule attached. I assume it's a sensor of some sort. Pictured below. Does anyone know what it is and what it's for.

The real question is this, how to get it to stop leaking? Do I need to replace it or just tighten it differently. I can't find any videos online, so I don't even know how it fastens in.

The problem is that I'm active duty military stationed in Colombia, and the mechanics here always just do the bare minimum (instead of doing a job right). They are telling me that they need to just seal it with a stronger sealant. You can see by the picture how ineffective the gray stuff was at sealing this leak. My hunch is that it shouldn't be sealed, but replaced or tightened differently. Any advice would be appreciated.

1715363888616.jpeg

OP
OP
Scott8

Scott8

Reaction score
...it's an automatic, 5.0 engine; but the exact transmission is unknown as I've only owned it for about 9 months and still getting to know it.

The closest image I could find on the internet is a E4OD (picture pasted below), but not sure.

1715437940310.png

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula