Finally got a new tire carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRONCOGRL911

Reaction score
I went to Chuck&Eddies junkyard Saturday and found a tire carrier for my Bronco off a '94 for $30.I remember awhile back on someone's post they were mentioning something about the difference between the earlier and later outside tire carriers and never really took notice until I found the one on the '94.I like the later one better because it latches like a car door against a striker bolt and has a squeeze handle with a rod that goes to the latch mechanism.

My old carrier beside being bent started rattling and squeaking before the accident,there was some play in the pull down latch handle and it would rub against the tailgate bracket.Sometimes when someone else would close the tire carrier they would slam it and it would either latch or other times it would bounce off the bracket and actually dented my old tailgate.The newer style is more positive latching.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23