Success! Got the Rear Spare Tire Carrier to Latch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DBStoots

Reaction score
Thanks to all who offered insight and suggestions regarding the refurb and reinstall of the rear spare tire carrier for my'94 Bronco. Turns out the problem preventing it from securely latching was two fold: the powder coating was slightly restricting the upper mechanism from working properly and one of the bushings I installed was preventing the latch from moving forward towards the tailgate enough to properly latch. So happy to have this back on and functional! THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE HELP!

IMG_8462.jpeg
IMG_8463.jpeg

IMG_8464.jpeg

IMG_8465.jpeg

big x

Reaction score
Thanks to all who offered insight and suggestions regarding the refurb and reinstall of the rear spare tire carrier for my'94 Bronco. Turns out the problem preventing it from securely latching was two fold: the powder coating was slightly restricting the upper mechanism from working properly and one of the bushings I installed was preventing the latch from moving forward towards the tailgate enough to properly latch. So happy to have this back on and functional! THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE HELP!

View attachment 30077
View attachment 30078

View attachment 30079

View attachment 30080
Where did you get the sleeve that goes on the latch to catch. I got mine from Energy Suspension. On mine it fit loose and if trim apiece inner tube to go under it it wooks OK.

OP
OP
D

DBStoots

Reaction score
I ordered it from McMaster Carr. Had to get two as they did not have the proper length. But, they seem to have worked out fine.

Broncosandpartsgarage

Reaction score

View attachment 30077
View attachment 30078

View attachment 30079

View attachment 30080
Very cool

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke