94 F350 Tranny question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yardape

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the diesel e40d Tranny? I got a smokin deal on a 94 F350 with a 7.3, the guy told me the t-case was blown so I threw one of my spares in it and still had the problem. I told him it didnt make sense, his theory of the tcase I mean. The truck has reverse but no forward. To me thats really weird because I remember from school something about first and reverse being the same gear. Doesnt make any sense to me, anyone have any ideas. Shifter linkage works great, goes through full motion.

Miss Kitten

Reaction score
when my tranny packed it in on my e4od the exact same thing happened. i had none of the forward moving gears just reverse.

research told me that all of the forward synchro's were shot. so i'm assuming it's the same thing with this tranny that you have

OP
OP
Y

Yardape

Reaction score
umm excuse me, its supposed to be a cheap fix. Haha. Ive been reading since I posted and it looks like the forward planetary is aluminum and is obviously a weak link. I guess there is a steel upgrade planetary from a 4r100. Was hoping it would be something easily fixed wih the tranny in the truck

Last edited by a moderator:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Y

Yardape

Reaction score
Excellent info as usual Miesk, I will have to check that out. Thank you

Members online