67 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redneckbronco

Reaction score
I recently got a 67 bronco and i am wanting to start a total makeover from top to bottom and i am needing some advice on a good place to start work on it. I have experience with both mechanical and body work but if u have any advice it would be greatly appreciated. You can emai me at [email protected]. Thanks again.

OP
OP
R

redneckbronco

Reaction score
I want to leave some stock but i would like to put a lift on it. There r alot of things to do before that needs done.

highboy73

FORDing thru life
Reaction score
what kinda stuff you need to get done?I hope i might be able to help.

james duff is a good place for lifts and stuff.

anything that is normal parts i'd buy from idiotzone(lifetime warranty)

good luck,holler at me anytime

OP
OP
R

redneckbronco

Reaction score
I am wanting to take it down to bare frame and do a total restore any tips on where i should start

STLKIKN

Reaction score
Starting point...

Do a COMPLETE inspection of the truck.

Mechanical

Electrical

Body

Cosmetic (trim, chrome, interior panels)

Make notes of what is good and bad.

Make a list of options you want to add or change (gears, p/s, p/b, trans update)

Be as complete and specific here as you can be. (Try to envision your finished project, make ALL your changes as you are putting the truck back together.)

If you don't already have a digital camera or a Polaroid, buy one before you begin.

Collect an assortment of baggies, boxes and containers you can label.

As you start dismantling, take pictures of the area you are working on, put all fasteners, bolts etc into boxes/ baggies and label them immediately, this WILL save you time and frustration when all is going back together.

As for the order in which you should do the work....

Start at the top , then the interior, then move to the front of the truck and dismantle the body. Brace the body tub across the doors before removing the tub from the frame.

All the mechanical should be handled the same way... front to back or back to front doesn't really matter, as long as you stay organized.

Be prepared for extra costs along the way.... a job done right the first time is much more satisfying than one that you have to go back in and replace or repair something you scrimped on!!

Let us see your progress ( post some pics) and remember to have fun!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
R

redneckbronco

Reaction score
Thanx for the advice keep it coming i will need all i can get. Tonight I got the body ready to set off which was a extremely fun project cause the floor boards had been replaced so i had to take the new ones out o get to the body mount bolts. which after i got the floor boards out i discovered the body had rusted thri\ough so there was no need to take the bolts out. How many body mounts should there be i found 6. keep the replys coming. thanx again.

STLKIKN

Reaction score
Eight body mounts...

two on the rad support

two at your feet

two under your butt

two at the tailgate

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
R

redneckbronco

Reaction score
is there any good way of raising the body off of it if so tell me how i need all the help i can get. And again thanks for all the info it is greatly appreciated. hope to hear from you soon.

Mr. Kustom

Reaction score
Get a few friends over and make sure everything is disconnected and ready for the body to come off. If You have a hard top ditch that first to ligthen it up.

I stripped mine bare > seats, dash, top, hood, tailgate, bumpers etc.

Also chains on the support beams in the garage help with a good engine lift if you only have 2 people. Roll bar is a good attaching spot.

hope this helps

OP
OP
R

redneckbronco

Reaction score
if i was goin to use cumalong how would i go bout doing that and wheres the best place to hook to the body

OP
OP
R

redneckbronco

Reaction score
i got the body off of the bronco and i am most likely goin to need a new tub for it where is a good place to find either a better used one or a fiberglass one or a new steel one.

STLKIKN

Reaction score
Hey redneck...

I don't know where you are...

It may help in your search if you give a location...

Try e-bay or search the used parts section on Bronco.com...

OP
OP
R

redneckbronco

Reaction score
I am from west virgina i am a 1/2 hr from ohio and 3 hrs froom pennsylvania and virginia. i will drive 5 hrs one way to get one if i could find one that close.

Tuck

Reaction score
Finding a good tub may be harder than you think. They are hit-&-miss, & don't be fooled by seeing a "rust free" line. ClassicBroncos.com has a decent classified section, you might try that. Post for what you want & let them contact you.

You'll probably only find 2 options for a glass tub--Mallotte & Kentrol. They may be better to look at, but they are pricey. The Bronco vendors have them. There are many vendors out there, & it depends on what you're looking for & how much you want to pay (consider shipping also) as to where you shop. BC Broncos is very popular with EB owners for lifts. Protofab has good glass hoods. Jeff's Bronco Graveyard has pretty much everything with decent prices. There are a few more. Surf all their pages, & when you find something you want, post about it. Chances are someone's already tried it & can tell you how it worked.

As for what to do to it, it's really up to you. Yours is an older EB, so there are tons of upgrades out there. 1st thing I'd do is ditch the front drum brakes. Power steering & brakes are good options too.

Hope you enjoy the buildup. As said before, keep us posted & let the pics fly!

G

hey thanks for the referrals keep em coming. I have started the clean-up process of the frame and all the underwork the only places that need attention as far and rusted out parts is where the holes are for the body mounts. Any advice on how to fix it. Keep the replies coming. I will have pics here in the next week or so.

OP
OP
R

redneckbronco

Reaction score
ok heres my progress thus far- got the body off did a complete inspection of all the frame work started the clean up process of the frame and this evening me and a friend pulled the motor and tranny. Any advice on what to do next or any input what so ever will be great appreciated. Pics are on there way in a few days.

OP
OP
R

redneckbronco

Reaction score
hey keep the replies coming tell me what i need to do next. i have got the body off, got the motor tranny and transfer out and start the de-rusting process on the frame. Need to know what to do next.

STLKIKN

Reaction score
If I were you at this point, I would strip the frame of everything!!!

Take it to your local sandblasting outfit, clean the frame to bare metal.

(we have an outfit locally that charges by the hour for 'blasting... it's do it yourself... tres cool)

You've gotten this far... where's the pics??

p.s. check your pm's

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wdtdls