1979 Bronco- 2003 Lightning swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Old school tools, I love it.

Nice that you at least measured it. Try to explain how important that is to some people and just as well be talking to a deaf person.

Went through this with my oldest son and his sagging excursion. To fix the vibration we either need to replace the springs, or put shims under the springs. Took a while to explain to him how it all works together. But then me and my kids are hypersensitive to that stuff. If it was a $50k truck when it was new it should still be able to ride and drive like a $50k truck regardless of age or modifications.
Tiha,that remark reminded me of my late dad. When my mom was in the hospital in Morgantown,W.Va. Him and I decided to look her sister up and tell her about mom. We didn,t know where she lived and we started out this road and I noticed a guy cuttin grass. I stopped the car and asked my dad to go ask the guy if he knew of her or where she might lived. He went and came back in about 4 minutes and told me to never do that again. I asked him what? He said to ask someone--that guy couldn,t hear or speak. I asked him how did I know that.The guy never had a sign around his neck.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
I love the wheels, looks more "correct" for the truck. I know everyone has their own vision and that is cool. But there are some that stand out for sure.

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
I love the wheels, looks more "correct" for the truck. I know everyone has their own vision and that is cool. But there are some that stand out for sure.
Thanks Tiha!
Hows the body swap going?

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Tiha!
Hows the body swap going?
Waiting on warmer weather. This time of year in Iowa it is really windy so I can't paint outside.

But the body is ready to finish painting, all the body work is done.

Started working on putting interior back in, but the cab lights have disappeared. Until my son orders another set we can't do anything, they have to go in before the headliner which is before anything else.

Figure it will be May before we really get going again.

Besides we are putting in a playground for the kids, planting fruit trees, grass, taking out an old deck. Not much spare time anyway.

OP
OP
L\Bronco

L\Bronco

Reaction score
Waiting on warmer weather. This time of year in Iowa it is really windy so I can't paint outside.

But the body is ready to finish painting, all the body work is done.

Started working on putting interior back in, but the cab lights have disappeared. Until my son orders another set we can't do anything, they have to go in before the headliner which is before anything else.

Figure it will be May before we really get going again.

Besides we are putting in a playground for the kids, planting fruit trees, grass, taking out an old deck. Not much spare time anyway.
I can relate to that.
I've been working on my 81 T\A project for my wife and struggling with weather and just plain busy, now racing has started again, so I have even less time. When I get back to it, I spend half an hour finding things and remembering what I was doing. (Old Brain!!)
Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo