Thinkin About A Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

becker

Reaction score
I have recently heard about a full size bronco for sale and i would like to know what it would be worth

specs:

mid 80's 1984 i think

6cyl. may need some work

manual tranny

over size mud tires

thats all i really know

it is suposed to run descent

4wd was hardly used and never saw much offroad

havent looked at it yet

he's asking around $1200

Is it worh what he's asking from what i know and told you???

Straight6

Reaction score
I'd say No. I bought a 83' Bronco last May and paid $1000.00 for it and before it is street legal I will have spent an additional $4000.00. This Bronco has a 4.9L inline six the trans is a 4sp manual w/OD and was just what I wanted, however, the engine ran but burned oil and needed a rebuild, I rebuilt the trans because it was making noise, (it needed bearings, seals and a OD gear) radiator and electrical system and then decided to change the gear sets because the 3.00 the Bronco came with was to high for even moderate off-roading with the OD trans so I went with 3.5 gears a locker in the back and a LS in the front. To make a long story medium length don't buy it until you look the Bronco over very closely. Decide what you are going to do with it and how much you are willing to spend to improve it. Get as much information about the Bronco as you can add all of the numbers up than decide if you want it.

Bradt

Reaction score
Everything Straight6 said, and grab an Auto Trader magazine next time you're at the market, and check prices. Check kbb.com with the details of the Bronco to see what blue book on it is. check on carfacts.com with the VIN once you've decided that you're seriously interested. It costs about $25 for a report, but it's better than getting a piece of crap that was reported stolen or rebuilt from a crushed frame.

Take a test drive/ride in it. Check the hoses, belts, plugs, and oil. Look underneath for oil buildup or leakage. If that all looks good, then it's usually a good sign that the Bronco was at least taken care of.

After that I would count on $1000 at least to be used getting it running nicely. You probably won't need all of it to get running if you check it out well, but it's nice to count on in a pinch. There's always that one thing that the person just stuck on with a bandaid so it would run long enough to sell. Plus all the extra you don't use on necessities is nice to have for the fun bits.

It's all a matter of preference though. If you specifically want that model and can't find one in your area, then it may be worth it to you. Around here that price is about $400 over kbb. If it were me, I would call and offer to pay $800 That's about the Blue Book on it in excellent condition. Then see what the counter offer is and go from there.

Brad

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
I agree with the other dudes. Only if the body is perfect, like no rust in the tailgate or cracked rain gutters, and the Bronco runs good when you test drive it would it be worth over $1000. Look underneath at the frame to see how rusty it is, and if there are any holes in the floorpan. Check for any major leaks, too. Like said, you can easily have to spend a couple of grand to get it running right, so take plenty of time looking things over. ASk if anything was rebuilt or replaced, like the motor, tranny, etc. If it's still the original parts, they are prolly shot if over 150K mi.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula