A neighbor of mine is selling his bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spencer_Murphy

Reaction score
A neighbor of mine is selling his Bronco, it is a 1996 Ford Bronco XLT 5.0 V8 Automatic Transmission, 176,853 miles no rust White with Green center two tone paint. Rear tailgate and window function properly it has a half life left set of tires on it. It has power windows A/C which both work and electronic 4x4 control which works. Other than that its a typical Bronco no towing packages or offroad stuff. My father has been wanting another Bronco for sometime now and has been looking for one that hasnt fallen victim to rust. My neighbor wants $11,750 for it. Is this too high for a Bronco with 176K on it with only a 5.0 ? I always thought the 5.8 and Centurion 4 doors brought that kind of money. He said he is open to a counteroffer. Does anyone think they know what the Bronco is worth ? It'd be a big help cause I'd hate to have my father overspend on something that isnt worth it. It also has a decent sized dent by the fuel door in the rear panel there. My other neighbor who works at a body shop said it'd be about $500 to fix the dent.

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
BEGUP5W.gif

I can't believe how high Bronco prices are currently. IF the Body is Damage free, and the interior is complete, a runnning and driving Bronco is worth $10k these days.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
The OBS market right now is nuts. I don't know where people get money for them. Can't imagine Banks are loaning on trucks that old.

Best option is to start shopping, all over the USA and compare what you see. I have no idea. That sounds high to me as well, but that might be a fair price compared to what else is out there.

Seems like you find similar trucks but for some reason one guy wants $20k, the next wants $10k. Some people believe because it is priced higher it is better. So buyer beware. Do the leg work.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Its alot of miles. It will have parts wearing out and will need replaced. I know the saler would says its not a new vehicle. Then why pay a almost new price. I had a truck about 30 minutes ago. Offered to me with new 16 inch tires,clutch ,throw out bearing and pressure plate for $500. With a 390 in it. How long did the guy have the truck? How often he pulled maintance on it. Ask also of questions and don,t be rushed into it.

Superduty 66

Reaction score
I think the rebirth of the new Bronco has helped sky rocket the price of the older full size Bronco . I bought a 95 EB in 04 for $4500 on EBAY. It still runs great, body is strait no rust but needs a paint job. I know I could get atleast 10k for it. I see broncos here in Colorado that are parts trucks going for 3500 and up. I love my 95 it has the ** roller 5 L and she pulls like a mule. It feels much stronger than my 91 xlt Bronco with the 5.8.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
M
I think the rebirth of the new Bronco has helped sky rocket the price of the older full size Bronco . I bought a 95 EB in 04 for $4500 on EBAY. It still runs great, body is strait no rust but needs a paint job. I know I could get atleast 10k for it. I see broncos here in Colorado that are parts trucks going for 3500 and up. I love my 95 it has the ** roller 5 L and she pulls like a mule. It feels much stronger than my 91 xlt Bronco with the 5.8.
May be so,but replacing and finding good parts can be a problem of some parts-like electrical ones. Just imagine paying $10,000 for one with over 100,000 miles. They have traveled alot and alot of the parts are almost worn out. I believe alot of people paying the big prices to is easy come money. The get paid big wages and really don,t know what they are getting into. Alot of people have never turned a wrench---the see some thing shiney and don,t see the worn out parts. They don,t realize some parts are hard to find. The high price to pay and some of the NEW PARTS--ARE JUNK FROM CHINA,.

paul rondelli

Reaction score
Asking over 10,000 I would verify the following

1) ball joints/ Axel pivot bushing and radius arm bushing were already replaced/ You should be able to visually inspect to tell if they are new.....If not you will have to replace them yourself .... or pay big bucks ( over a 1,000 to get a shop to do them)

2) the bottom of the tail gate.... and fender wells should be rust free. This is another 1,000 job for a shop.

3) if it were me ... and this has the automatic transmission ... I would need to see documentation of a rebuild. At 175,000 you are well over the life span of a E4OD and they are going for around 2,500 rebuilt

4) Not too worried about the motor ... sure you will have to replace it in the next 5 years or so .... but both the tranny and motor needing a rebuild is too much for a 10,000 ride

It it meets the above it is worth it ... even needing a paint job and interior work.

and for the love of GOD ... do not buy a rust bucket ... for any price.

Use the first three to negotiate the price down if they are not completed. if none of them are completed tell him it is only worth 6,000 to 8,000... and use the information provided as the reason.

Last edited:

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Its not only Broncos---its anything with a set of wheels on it. 75,000 is HIGH MILEAGE. These late and new models have mileage racked up different then from say--58 on back. Which were cable. These newer ones are electric and will rack up miles---PARKED IN YOUR DRIVE WAY. I know--I have a 2001 Dodge Ram and I have written it down. It racked up 95 miles one night--locked up. High mileage --the vehicle has worn out parts ---underneith the shiney body---be warned to not be fooled buy a shiney vehicle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rickyb571