Y-pipe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

-mikko-

Reaction score
I installed shorty headers some time ago into my bronco, and now rest of exhaust needs to be done.

In other topic there was nice pics about how to made y-pipe and because shipment to here Finland would cost more than pipe itself, decided to do it myself.

I was wondering, is 2 1/2" pipe too big, or is it better to make y-pipe 2" in diameter? Rest of pipe will be 3" with one free flowing muffler.

Bassani y-pipe is made 2 1/4", and I have read lot of good comment´s about it, but those "self made pipes" that are awailable here are: 2", 2 1/2" and 3"

There is also lot´s of extra hassle in engine compartment => air pump, egr, vapor, etc -canisters and hoses. Which of those I can safely remove (so that EFI engine still works) :rolleyes: ?

We don´t need those for pollution reasons in here, because car is so old...

Seabronc

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

bobstrat

Reaction score
However, it is possible to get resistor kits that plug into the connector to simulate a good input from them.
i glanced over your links but did not notice the resistor kits. can you point me in that direction. seems they might be a helpful diagnostic tool, depending on cost.

OP
OP
M

-mikko-

Reaction score
Nimeni on Al!

...En osaa puhua suomea
Hei AL, sinähän puhut Suomea hienosti ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It was your site from where I was looking those y-pipe DIY links.

Great site by the way...

I add some photos when my self made Y-pipe is ready...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23