wiring issue...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foul Al

Reaction score
hey folks, i just finished the 460 upgrade with nice as all get out headers from the L&L Co. what an awesome upgrade!!! anyway... i have since put the grille in and started with the last of the details and i have found that i have no turn signals? they light up but don't blink. i have traced the wires as far as i can and i have found nothing... no continuity drop, no shorts.... nothing. I was hoping that someone will have a more definitive answer or suggestion for me as well as maybe a better diagram than the haynes manuals have. i don't think the flasher bulbs are bad because they worked fine before i did the swap. any help is always greatly appreciated!! thanks for reading! foul.....

Bronc76

Reaction score
If they light up but don't blink, makes me think that its a ground problem

muddrivermike

Reaction score
If they light up but don't blink, makes me think that its a ground problem
NO if they light up but dont blink its a bad flasher,If they blink too fast one of your bulbs are out.If you had a ground problem you would get nothing.Remember 2 sides to every circuit,a power and ground.I have also see them NOT come on at all because of a bad flasher but its rare.Put your blinker on any side and flick the flasher with you fingers and see if it starts to work,Also check to see if you have 2 flashers,one for turn signals and one for the hazards. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
F

Foul Al

Reaction score
NO if they light up but dont blink its a bad flasher,If they blink too fast one of your bulbs are out.If you had a ground problem you would get nothing.Remember 2 sides to every circuit,a power and ground.I have also see them NOT come on at all because of a bad flasher but its rare.Put your blinker on any side and flick the flasher with you fingers and see if it starts to work,Also check to see if you have 2 flashers,one for turn signals and one for the hazards. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
hey mike, thanks for the response but i figured it out! i feel like such a dousche that i just have to share this with you all...I found that i had the ignition key off while i was trying to use the turn signals. the lights all come on with the key off but the signals won't work with the key off!!! what a dousche bag i felt like when i wasted all that time trying to fix a problem that didn't exist....

Last edited by a moderator:

muddrivermike

Reaction score
hey mike, thanks for the response but i figured it out! i feel like such a dousche that i just have to share this with you all...I found that i had the ignition key off while i was trying to use the turn signals. the lights all come on with the key off but the signals won't work with the key off!!! what a dousche bag i felt like when i wasted all that time trying to fix a problem that didn't exist....
Dude that is too funny.That would be something I would happen to do.Now you know the next step is to crack open some beers and laugh about it some more... :lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23