light bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I found out yesterday. SYLVANIA is the ONLY COMPANY that makes light bulbs in America. You might have to pay a little more,but you will get what you pay for and less worry and hassel. I have bought NEW BULBS straight from the store and they were no good. If they have the SILVER ENDS---LOOK OUT AND LEAVE--PLUS THE BULBS DON,T EVEN FIT IN THE SOCKETS TIGHTS.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
I found out yesterday. SYLVANIA is the ONLY COMPANY that makes light bulbs in America. You might have to pay a little more,but you will get what you pay for and less worry and hassel. I have bought NEW BULBS straight from the store and they were no good. If they have the SILVER ENDS---LOOK OUT AND LEAVE--PLUS THE BULBS DON,T EVEN FIT IN THE SOCKETS TIGHTS.
Yo Johnny,
You are CORRECT!
"In 2016 the last incandescent light bulb manufacturing plant in the USA closed its doors. It was an OSRAM Sylvania plant located in Wellsboro, Pennsylvania. Incandescent light bulbs use more energy than LED and CFL bulbs. In 2022 under the direction of President Biden, the efficiency standards for lightbulbs changed to phase out incandescent and halogen light bulb use, and thus making their USA manufacturing unfavorable.

Sylvania LED light bulbs were assembled at LEDVANCE facilities located in St. Mary's, Pennsylvania and Versailles, Kentucky. Both of these facilities ceased operations in 2019."

OP
OP
J

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo Johnny,
You are CORRECT!
"In 2016 the last incandescent light bulb manufacturing plant in the USA closed its doors. It was an OSRAM Sylvania plant located in Wellsboro, Pennsylvania. Incandescent light bulbs use more energy than LED and CFL bulbs. In 2022 under the direction of President Biden, the efficiency standards for lightbulbs changed to phase out incandescent and halogen light bulb use, and thus making their USA manufacturing unfavorable.

Sylvania LED light bulbs were assembled at LEDVANCE facilities located in St. Mary's, Pennsylvania and Versailles, Kentucky. Both of these facilities ceased operations in 2019."
Well I,ll be heading for thejunkyard HOPEFULLY SOON. AND GET SOME THEIR. I also noticed before when I went to ch Thanksange headlight bulbs--SYLVANIA BULBS DID PUT OUT MORE LIGHT. Thanks Al

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK