Wiring for '92 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

griff

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I read quite a bit of the forum and other areas and it seems like a great place to connect with other enthusists.

I Have a '92 Bronco XLT (Stock -118K). I have a wiring question. Does anyone know where the warning chime wire is located under the dash? The color scheme? I would like to disconnect the wire that produces the warning chime when the driver's side door is open. I know there is also a small peg that once pushed in should turn it off, but with my Bronco, this is not happening when the door is closed. I tried duct tape and it works...for awhile. I think a perminent solution would be best for my sanity.

Thanks in Advance for any advise!

griff

Southern California

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

first of all, welcome!

and let me post this and then edit it to clean up the mess that Comcast is giving me due to severe connection speed lag... I tend to overwrite my typing and it is a mess.

Try adjusting and cleaning gunk on switch pin/sleeve

door-sw-1.jpgthe switch is fully enclosed. The nut (gray) is 9/16 for both. The brass sleeve (yellow) is adjustable for door alignment..."

..Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net

20070826-005a.jpg"]Chime pic in a 94 Source: by Travis L (kemicalburns) at SuperMotors.net[/url]

20070826-005a.jpg

Wiring Harness & Component Location Diagram, Ford Part Numbers, Depictions, etc. from Ford Workshop Manual in 96 Bronco, F-150, F-250, F-350, F-Super Duty Chassis Cab & Motorhome Chassis; use your Browser's SEARCH (or FIND) function to locate what you seek in each Diagram, such as chime Source: by Ford via thedieselstop.com

same as your yr

http://www.thedieselstop.com/faq/9497faq/maint/stj/images/k17295c.gif

See (Conn C280) #17 — To Warning Buzzer Chime

the buzzer is directly to the right of the steering column under the dashboard. it is a black or sometimes it is a white box about 3 X 1 X 1/2 inches....

Same diagram as above but w/"Conn C280" shown

Location Diagram in a 93 Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net

dashconnectors93a.jpg

or you can remove the door switch conn at the driver's side or/and pass side A frame/door hinge side to just disable "door open" feature

OP
OP
griff

griff

Reaction score
Hey thanks a million for the specs. Just really appreciate the help!

griff

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK