Wire diagram for tow package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamDude04

Reaction score
Anyone have a wire diagram for the tow pacakge on an 89 Bronco?

Before (4yrs ago) I could hook up a trailer, work fine, then after I disconnect the trailer it would pop a fuse with the first use of turn signal. New fuse, never an issue until process repeated.

A year passes, and last time I tried to get a trailer, every time the brake lights, or turn signal was uses, a fuse would pop. Hazzards I think worked fine IIRC...

There is an aftermarket uhaul hitch installed, so it's nearly impossible to get to the wires where the round 4 pin connector is installed (factory) on the bumper to the left of the license plate. I'm thinking maybe that section is rotted away?

If you take the circle 4 pin harness and plug it in backwards (left blinker (truck) operates right blinker on trailer) it all works fine. But in perfect sync it pops fuses..

So if I possible, I may cut the factory wires behind the bumper, drop them down, and splice them into a 4 pin flat connector to avoid the connecton house mounted on the bumper. Still want to impsect and test. What's the best way to test with a volt meeter?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigd1948