Tow Package adapter plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoFloBronco

Reaction score
So I was going to test trailer light functions as I plan to tow my boat for the first time with my '93 Bronco this weekend. To my surprise the trailer connector was not the common 7 "blade" style but a 7 pin style plug. The only place I could find an adapter was Etrailer and delivery will take weeks. Has anyone rewired their trailer plug to a common 7 blade style and if so, how did it work out?trailer.jpg

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have a trailer brake controller?
If not you don't need more than a 4 pin flat.

I Just wire in whatever I need. Usually a 7 pin RV and then make adapters for everything else.

E-trailer has some good wiring diagrams.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo SoFloBronco,
Here are the 93 Bronco trailer tow package wiring Diagrams.
Screenshot_20211008-085302_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

engine-compartment-fuse-panel.jpg
Relay Box Diagram in a 93 Bronco by by Troll Banned (Bronco Rob, BroncoRob) at SuperMotors.net

enginebay93lhr.jpg
Relay Box Location in a 93; standing empty to driver side fender it's on the right side of the Power Distribution Box, whose cover is open; miesk5 note, squeeze both sets of tabs together & lift cover off; only 1 Bosch style relay is in there

G100 @ LH front of engine compartment on upper radiator support & G200, Instrument Cluster ground is inside passenger side kick panel

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211008-085231_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20211008-085231_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
S

SoFloBronco

Reaction score
So, I ended up just removing the two bolts holding the trailer wiring harness plug and I pulled it out. I pulled back the rubber boot and saw that the plug just uses crimped ends that slide into the backs of the pins with a "scru" (It didn't like the actual spelling) that locks them in. I just stripped the end of the 4 flat wire harness wires and inserted them into the corresponding locations in the back of the plug with some electrolytic grease and tightened the screws down to pinch them in. It worked like a charm.

ablediver

Reaction score
No need to worry about this one... The female pin lugs are available at any ADAP or trailer repair facility. Use your test light with each function , i.e.:L/turn, R / turn , brake , tail..I did mine in about an hour with a cup of coffee. Here's the part at O'Reilly's

Reese Towpower Trailer Wire Adapter

Part #: 74605 Line: REE

90' XLT 5.0 Survivor
96' EB 5.8 Tow Pkg.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar