winch mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sadystikal1

Reaction score
i have seen these trailer hitch winch mounts and my question is will an average class II hitch mount right in on the front frame all nice and easy like or is it a royal pain in the a$$? it seems like a real good idea, pop the winch off and put er right in on the back.....

Yardape

Reaction score
I think it would mount a bit lower than would you would want. I would find a way to mount it in the middle of the framerails

Broncosaurus!

Reaction score
Yeah I plan on welding a reciever to my bumper for a winch someday. I think that is a good way to go so it is not exposed all the time for a daily driver.

PICT0086.JPG

Justbust1n

Reaction score
Yeah I plan on welding a reciever to my bumper for a winch someday. I think that is a good way to go so it is not exposed all the time for a daily driver.
thats gonna be a pain in the ass and you gonna have to reinforce the **** out of it .... mine used to like to hunch down when i winch someone out it might just be i have a 12500 lb winch who knows ... goodluck still like the deer terminator >:)

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
I've never cared for hitch mounted winches. Too much of a pain in the ass. You get stuck, then you have to get in back of the truck, strain yourself to get the winch out, carry that 100lbs of dead weight to the front, and slide it in just enough to get the pin in. Plug in the winch, route the controller to the cab

**** all that... buy a winch bumper, and be done with it

Broncosaurus!

Reaction score
Put it on when you go wheeling, but why have it out in the open all the time getting rain and salt on it from the roads? Then you have the option of putting it on the back if you need to.

Mike @ Tracy

Reaction score
Put it on when you go wheeling, but why have it out in the open all the time getting rain and salt on it from the roads? Then you have the option of putting it on the back if you need to.
Sounds like a plan to me, I know several guys that have solid mounted winches that always seem to have some kind of problem with them. I dont know if its lack of maintenance or what but why leave it out to be exposed?? If its something you use all the time OK but for ocasional use why not use a reciever mount..?

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
I know several guys that have solid mounted winches that always seem to have some kind of problem with them. I dont know if its lack of maintenance or ...
Bingo. That's the biggest reason anyone's winch will fail. The rain and salt on the roads really have nothing to do with it. That is why there are winch covers made, too. But, to each how own

Justbust1n

Reaction score
i cant imagine takin mine off and on when i am not using it mine weighs atleast 100 lbs i mean it takes me a minute to dead lift that ... so i just keep it where it is , i mean if you want a winch that can actually get you or someone out , its gonna have some weight and you will get tired of putting it on and off ,, i havent had ne problems with mine yet and hopefully wont

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23