will f 250 rear leafs fit 92 bronco??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92pobronco

Reaction score

im gettin a 4" superlift kit w jus 4 brackets - 2 coils - pitman arm for 200 w no bolts { good deal or not??] no shocks either

so for the rear he offerd me rear leafs out of an f 250 for 100 bucks But will they fit??? or the blocks w u bolts wich are included

and how much of a pain do you think it would be to get all the right bolts. grade 5 to 8 preferably

kit was installed and then uninstalled promptly after, and the bolts all went to holding the stock stuff back in place

thanks for your anticipated input

ms_jetset

Redneck & The Bronco
Reaction score
im gettin a 4" superlift kit w jus 4 brackets - 2 coils - pitman arm for 200 w no bolts { good deal or not??] no shocks either

so for the rear he offerd me rear leafs out of an f 250 for 100 bucks But will they fit??? or the blocks w u bolts wich are included

and how much of a pain do you think it would be to get all the right bolts. grade 5 to 8 preferably

kit was installed and then uninstalled promptly after, and the bolts all went to holding the stock stuff back in place

thanks for your anticipated input
'92pobronco',

I've heard alot of f-150 parts are supposed to be interchangable with Bronco's. But I can not tell you for sure. This deal sounds alittle "fishy" though. Also I would go with grade 8 bolts if your gonna do any new suspension work. Just my two cents.

To get a proper, for sure answer....I would talk to Justshootme84.

Hope this helps!

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
The F-250 leafs will often fit, but are of course rated for a heavier payload and will stiffen up the ride considerably. The only time I've used them is to use a single leaf from the pack in place of an AAL (Add-a-leaf) to achieve a small amount of lift, say 1-2 inches. You will need new u-bolts, so see if you can get the ones with the blocks. USing an extra leaf with your stock spring pack is better than a lift block, IMHO.

I would definitely go with Grade-8 bolts and harware, including washers, locks and nuts. Also suggest using Loctite on any suspension bolts after torquing to specs.

A complete 4" lift kit will run you about $450-$500, so he deal he's offering isn't that much of a deal. 4 shocks at $40 plus $40 of hardware and you're there. JSM84

OP
OP

92pobronco

Reaction score
so i bought the leafs with f 250 stock blocks about 2" thick, all the superlift brackets, coils and pittman for drop and he threw in some westin chrome tube side steps plus new blocks and ubolts all for $250... the brackets look mint and the leafs are in great shape from what my eye will tell me. no shocks and hardware but after i figure grade 8 bolts or as low as grade 5 + 6 shocks and some new hardlines and extended brake lines il still be into it for $500 which is close to the cost of the kit except chrome tube steps and leafs and block option.. I think il remain optimistic for now and expect the worst while hoping for the best......

thats a good idea to steal a leaf from new packs and add to old plus maybe the stock f250 block

im still open to any suggestions that anyone might think would make this lift come out nice

thanks for your help

Last edited by a moderator:

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
92, since you've bought the used kit, I can't stress enough the importance of going with Grade-8 bolts and hardware. you can look on the internet for a chart showing the big difference in strength vs Grade-5, but even the new kits come with Grade-8 stuff. Some brands of kits also suggest tack welding the axle pivot drop bracket on the passenger side (for the driver's-side halfbeam) for added strength, and i do that when I install a 4" or 6" kit. go with a good brand of offroad shock, like Superlift, Skyjacker or Bilstein, as they're all around $40-$50. IF that's too much, look on ebay for Superlift's "Scratch & Dent" store, where the shocks run about $9 ea. I'm running these on the 84 and 78 broncos. Last note on the rear, you will need to keep the stock axle wedge from under your Bronco leaf springs, even with the new lift block, to keep the correctg pinion angle. You may need to play with the F-250 leafs by removing one or two from the pack to get a good ride, too. If you do that, start from the bottom, and remove the overload spring or the shortest one. But I think the best way is to re-use your stock bronco 4- or 5-leaf pack, add one of the longer F-250 leafs, and try that t osee how much lift you get. The longer the leaf you use, the less chance of bending your top leaf. JSM84

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23