why am I wandering about?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Ok so I replaced the 2 rear tires on my 96 Eddie Bauer, becaus one had a broken belt. they are 31x10.50s Falken Zieks LT s.

Now on the highway when I change lanes the back end has alot of sway. Happens when i hit some uneven pavement too. Around town if I make a sharp turn it feels like the back end wants to steer the truck.

I checked all the bushings and mounting points for the springs, shocks, sway bars, etc. and found nothing loose or worn.

The truck didn't feel like that before the new tires, just a bad vibration from the broken belt.

Took it back to the tire dealer and they found nothing too......HELP.

I make a few trips a week on the highway at 75. I'm getting nervous.

Thanks in advance.

jehusafat

Reaction score
are the tires the same as the ones in the front it happened to me once had diffrent tires in back than in front and swayed when hit uneven pavement also are the tires properly balanced

OP
OP
Rons beast

Rons beast

Reaction score
are the tires the same as the ones in the front it happened to me once had diffrent tires in back than in front and swayed when hit uneven pavement also are the tires properly balanced

Thanks ****

The rear are Falken Zieks the front are Contitracs. I needed tires right away and couldn't get the Conti's

Did the problem go away when you went to all the same tire?

If so I'll go back and get 2 more Falkens.

Thanks again.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
What tire pressure are you running? Does changing that help? The last problem I had with "snaky wheeling" was due to worn radius arm bushings in the frontend. JSM84

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Rons beast

Rons beast

Reaction score
What tire pressure are you running? Does changing that help? The last problem I had with "snaky wheeling" was due to worn radius arm bushings in the frontend. JSM84

I'm running 45psi the max is 50.

I replaced radius bushings just a few months ago, and had an alignment done right after.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm really thinking it's the tires, since the problem started right after the change.

jehusafat

Reaction score
Thanks ****
The rear are Falken Zieks the front are Contitracs. I needed tires right away and couldn't get the Conti's

Did the problem go away when you went to all the same tire?

If so I'll go back and get 2 more Falkens.

Thanks again.
it did not go away completely but there was a difference in the amount of sway but i had alot of worn out parts that also contributed

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
It sounds like the tires. Do the new ones have a higher sidewall, or a softer sidewall?

If so... that could do it.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj