What am I missing here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrlsful

Reaction score
"...transmission level with the motor..."
"...
Keep that gap even all the way in and it will pop..."
Sight well all round, make certain.
Fora newbie the "bolts between 2 mounting surfaces" is dangerous. They can break offa tab.
Top 2 quotes here thru the leveling sling I think U said U have (we dont use one) and the tranny jack on floor@tranny. Very rare we take out motor mounts/towers. Occasionally we have 1 or other mounted on motor or waiting together on frame (this is where we 'play" and experience has taught us). Transverse we put in together, often on longitudinal we do too (trans mount/x-member later)
Last, the "jiggle it" above, is a standard.
These guidelines fit well IF converter bolts R tite, flex plate is right, pilot bearing'n block plate R right etc, etc. (U set up job right).
Congrats on courage to tackle this SfS (or if like me - the poverty) !

good luck, have fun, B safe AND productive
there's soon to B some badger's scampering the other direction from some 2nd gear shifts

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
How,s it goin Steve?
So, only had a short window to work on it last wknd. Determined that the motor mounts were on the wrong side, which was contributing to seemingly being off and inch. Swapped them around and now within a half-inch of getting it done. Had to stop there. Glad I figured out that… that’s how it was when I picked up from the guy I bought it from, so not too sure how they got on backwards. I can’t claim operator head-space and timing issue on that one. Ha. Hope to finish it this wknd. Thx for checking.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Hey there. @johnnyreb - appreciate the follow-up. I have not made progress since November. I am moving in a couple weeks since my son is graduating high school - so been doing everything to pack up the house and get things ready to go. Don't have room at the new house in the garage for the Bronco, so I'm teetering on selling it or putting it into storage until I can find a place with space to work on it more. I am torn. This project, as difficult as it has been, was good mechanical therapy to keep me sane through COVID the past 2+ yrs. Not ready to give up on it. Either way, I have to pack things up and get it out of the garage in the next 3-4 weeks. So close.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hey there. @johnnyreb - appreciate the follow-up. I have not made progress since November. I am moving in a couple weeks since my son is graduating high school - so been doing everything to pack up the house and get things ready to go. Don't have room at the new house in the garage for the Bronco, so I'm teetering on selling it or putting it into storage until I can find a place with space to work on it more. I am torn. This project, as difficult as it has been, was good mechanical therapy to keep me sane through COVID the past 2+ yrs. Not ready to give up on it. Either way, I have to pack things up and get it out of the garage in the next 3-4 weeks. So close.
Are you moving near your sister in Charleston?

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Are you moving near your sister in Charleston?
Well I got that covid right after I had surgery. I was so weak and lost 49 pounds. I didn,t feel like doing anything and mad because I wanted to work on a gun. I,m doing better--gaining my weight back.and so far with all the check ups--everything is going good so far--KNOCK ON WOOD.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're feeling better. No, I'm staying up here in WI. Moving closer to work so I don't have to drive an hour one way. Stay healthy!

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Glad to hear you're feeling better. No, I'm staying up here in WI. Moving closer to work so I don't have to drive an hour one way. Stay healthy!
Thanks. I don,t blame you. Its ******* a person,plus wear and tear on your vehicle and costs alot in a short while. I was working a job down in Va building a dam.Driving about 150 one way. I did it for about 3 weeks .Then my friend got a room in the man camp and I asked about me. They said they didn,t have anymore. So I asked about sleeping in the floor. They said they,d have to charge me. I took it, Tired of driving and only 3 hours of rest and driving on slick roads. It was ******* my back though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReturnToHangar