What's Your technique?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trains11tjc

Reaction score
Just wondering how everyone else gets their top off their truck cuz the only way can do it is by man handling it and that sucks.

Broncobeginner123

Reaction score
i found that the easiest way of taking the top off is folding the back seat down, backing the truck up to a level area with the tailgate, then getting underneath it and using your back to lift up on it and back your self out with your arms flung out. make sure ur centered on the top or it will fall to one side. there is no easy way to get it off by yourself..

S_bolt19

Reaction score
I think that is a pretty good assessment for both big Broncos & EBs. Seeings how the EBs are steel tops, I would recommend getting a couple of friends to help you though. The pegs that go down inside the rear corner posts are a pain in the a$$ to finagle if you are the only one doing this.

1982 bronco lifter

Reaction score
my self i just drag my dad or brother out to help me just to let you know i am 15 years old so my dad is not to old so you dont think i am dragin out my 90 year old dad to help

76Explorer

Reaction score
4 eyebolts in the ceiling of the garage, 2-6' 2x4s, one for the front and one for the rear, and four rachet straps, 1 at each corner.

Big Country

Reaction score
ok i do mine like broncobeginner but if i had a garage i would do it like 76 explorer. genuis, man, sheer genius.

will.koch

Reaction score
Last summer, I put in 4 eyelits, each with a pulley, and all drawn back to one rope and pulley behind where I park my car. This way, you lift the side, slide the 6' 2X4's under and hook them up, then walk to the back where all ropes are tied into one, hoist and tie it off. Then you have a quick-easy off top and its waiting right there for you when you get back. (All equipment and hardware will cost about $30 dollars)

For those of us that have more money or are willing to go 2 weeks without eating, I saw this one day flying across the country. This thing is fantastic, and is built exactly the way I built mine, only with metal parts and a hand crank: http://www.skymall.com/shopping/detail.htm...69761609&c=

Anyways, hope this helps.

fast_stang_88

Reaction score
well you could always call your buddys over, get them hooked on some free beers and then tell them the catch of the free beer!!! Kinda have to con my buddys into it!!

rodsteal

Reaction score
Two friends and a six pack should do it. By myself I used the forklift at my shop because since it was steel I anticipated it would weight a ton, but once I got it an the ground it really wasn

4linkbronc

Reaction score
i took my top of once, swore i would never do it again. Keep and eye on the back legs (scratched the Sh@t out of my bronco.) Now it leaks like **** in the rain. Just get a soft top

TANK107

Reaction score
i kknow im trying to make a room in the middle of nowhere to work on my bronco and im trying to develop a hoist system that can use pulleys hold the top, id really like to get my haands on a cage and a soft top because cali's weather is like hells sauna in the summer but winter is beautifiul here so i dont know what ill do.... itd be nice to have that elevator thing that skymall was selling... thats not a bad idea at all....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23