What Tranny?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3youngns

Reaction score
The Haynes manual I have says that I have E4OD. Is that correct?

The reason I ask is because I found a plug loose on the side of the trans. I had noticed that I only had 3 gears. After I plugged it in it blew the fuse for the turn signals and overdrive. What gives? Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
I believe you do have the E$OD, check the code on the door jamb or look at the pan. I think it's square with a notch in one corner, and has 20 bolts. It's like the C-6 pan shape, that one has 14 bolts.

You may have a short in the wiring, or a bad sensor or shift module in the tranny. Look for a short before going to a shop, they might want you to rebuild the whole thing!!!

southerntrax

Reaction score
do you have an overdrive on/off switch on the dash? if so then yes you have a e4od, aod had it in the selector(P R N O/D D 1) and a C-6 dosen't not have o/d.

Justshootme84

Reaction score
My neighbor just replaced the E$OD in his 92 Ford pick-up. $2700!!! E4OD=E$OD

OP
OP

3youngns

Reaction score
There is no O/D on/off switch on the Dash. I'm going to count the bolts on the pan. It looks like I have a C6.

southerntrax

Reaction score
i think they might have put the non turbo 7.3L. but i know in the newer Power Strokes they are 4R100's. which is a beefed up E4OD. someone might correct me if i am wrong. :blink:

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
If no of/off OD switch on end of shifter and you have OD it's a AOD non-OD is a C6. unless it's been swapped it'll be AOD. The C6 was only found in the HD F250's and up. in late 80's.

Justshootme84

Reaction score
Really, that's more than that old truck is worth! Check the yards and the classifieds/newspaper ads. $500-$750 for a used one down here.

404PageNotFound

Reaction score
Really, that's more than that old truck is worth! Check the yards and the classifieds/newspaper ads. $500-$750 for a used one down here.
haha for real.

replace E4OD/ Rear End/ and paint

major $$$$$$$

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK