what is best engine?

Johnny Reb

A '78 is an awful lot heavier than an '83, The general concensus is that a 300 is not a good swap for a '78, it has to work too hard and the mileage gains are lost. On the other hand, I've never tried it and you can build up a 300 quite nicely if you know how so I would be really interested to see how it works out.
T remember seeing in a hot rod magaine one time.About a guy had a falcon. He took a sic cylinder,took two v-5 heads cut the into--mated them up and was getting around 500hp. I do not remember whick v-8 heads.But I think it was a 351--I do not remember whether it was a windsor,cleveland or which. And the guy was a machinest ,so it took some knowledge in his field .

Krafty

when it comes to the 429 or 460, it depends on what year it is for how much HP you can get out of it. my 69 429 thunderjet with just 4bbl and headers is dyno'd at 400 hp. my 429 is in my summer car which is in the process of 600hp drag car conversion.

No replacement for Displacement.

O

Old Ford fan

I had an old 78 custom ranger turned high boy basically.... six inch lift running 35inch tires.... It had a 429 in it.... It would roast tires anytime I let it.... So I would say 351m... Or 429.... Even 460 if ya wanted.... It basically just depends on how you build each motor.... All are good and will get anything turning.... Just depends on what you want ?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkenda11