Still having trouble with check engine for ICM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motech

Reaction score
I have tried 3-4 of these so will try dy1077 next... the original ICM has lasted 27 years and its motorcraft

Unfortunately, Motorcraft may be OEM, but it's not OE. It is aftermarket, and not up to the same quality standards as they used to be.

If you keep striking out with this brand, I recommend trying NAPA's Echlin brand. I have always had excellent results with their Echlin and Belden parts.

EDIT:
My 1995 Bronco was going through Ford OEM ICMs left and right until..... I installed the Accel brand ICM, and that was in 1998..... same ICM is still working today.

If memory serves, many Accel parts were rebranded Echlin pieces.

Last edited:

Motech

Reaction score
I have pulled out the DY1075 and returned it.. DY1077 is on order per your suggestion so I can't check to see if its P1351 now...

Yes you can, provided you have not disconnected your battery and erased it. If not, the code should still be stored as a CONTINUOUS memory code.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo