What Color is Red?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jgrden

Reaction score
If I wanted to paint my Bronco back to its original color of a 1985 Red XLT what would be the name or the code? Is this is simple as looking at the fdoor frame for a code? This sounds stupid but here are my reasons. Even though I have allot of restoration to make, the ugly black is turning my wife off. She wants it out of the garage and sees it as a big project. Making it look more atractive might help me sellher on keeping it. So here is my thought. There is allot of work to be done, allot is body work. Is there a spray can that I can buy to help set the base on it? It might save the Bronco for me and when the time comes we can do a normal paint job. Just isn't ready yet. 

Watcha tink?P8020111.JPG

Rons beast

Reaction score
Florida..in my mind , sitting on the beach
Hey J,

If I'm reading this right, you just want to spray the Bronc red to appease your wife. Later you will get a "good' paint job after all the body work is done.

If that's right, just get spray cans of red that you think she will like.  By the time the body is ready for the final paint, the bodywork should have most of the old red sanded off so having the original red paint now would be a moot point.  In any case the truck should have to be sanded and a sealer/ primer sprayed on before a basecoat. That should be done anyway with any good paint job.

Good Luck.

OP
OP
J

Jgrden

Reaction score
Perfect. That's my angle. by the time the other work was finished the spray can paint would nearly be gone, plus sanded and primed before the good stuff. A side note: . My beloved Bronco may have a reprieve after a discussion at lunch today.. 

Thanks for being a sounding board. Just wanted to see if my idea would stick. 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23