Wanting your ideas for a different forum layout.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I finally found the info I need. Let me know what you all think about the Gens and if you feel its correct?

1st Gen : '66 - '77

1933091.jpg

2nd Gen : '78 - '79

1933100.jpg

3rd Gen : '80 - '86

1477477-L2hvbWUvZGVhbGVycy9hc3NldHMvMTQ1MS9pbWFnZXMvMTQ3NzQ3Ny10aGlyZC1nZW.png

4th Gen : '87 - '91

FORDBronco-2715_1.jpg

5th Gen : '92 - '96

Used-1992-Ford-Bronco-XLT.jpg

6th Gen : '21 - Present

2021-Ford-Bronco-front-three-quarter-3.jpg

lynchsg

Reaction score
Great stuff.
Why I said the 80 - 82's (& I should have included the 83's) is a seperate generation (3rd) with 84 - 86's being a 4th generation is due to some minor and major differences.
The 80 - 86's share some commonalities such as body panels, grilles, etc. but there are many differences also.
80 - 83's had some major changes during those years (351M to a 351W engines for one), free running hubs to full time, rear ends (9" to 8.8"), dash layouts, EEC's, carbs to throttle body injection and automatic transmissions (C6 to AOD).
Also as I attempted to state before, the aftermarket world suplies the 80 - 83's with the least amount of parts compared to all the other year Broncos. Occasionally using a Master Parts Catalog parts can be referenced for Ford Light Duty Trucks, then the part numbers used to find parts not listed for 80 - 83 Broncos. I am talking mostly not major components but still an issue.
I know because I have an 82.
Great job though on the Generation years gathering and pictures! Kudos!!

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Great stuff.
Why I said the 80 - 82's (& I should have included the 83's) is a seperate generation (3rd) with 84 - 86's being a 4th generation is due to some minor and major differences.
The 80 - 86's share some commonalities such as body panels, grilles, etc. but there are many differences also.
80 - 83's had some major changes during those years (351M to a 351W engines for one), free running hubs to full time, rear ends (9" to 8.8"), dash layouts, EEC's, carbs to throttle body injection and automatic transmissions (C6 to AOD).
Also as I attempted to state before, the aftermarket world suplies the 80 - 83's with the least amount of parts compared to all the other year Broncos. Occasionally using a Master Parts Catalog parts can be referenced for Ford Light Duty Trucks, then the part numbers used to find parts not listed for 80 - 83 Broncos. I am talking mostly not major components but still an issue.

So do you think that setup above would work out over all, even the the 3rd gen years?

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Great stuff.
the Bricknose trucks have the same thing, 87 and 88 are different from 89-91, Every truck has inner generation differences.

chrlsful

Reaction score
Xenoforo is fine (usually dont care bout platform, get used to them all). This one's gudnuf.

My 1 "additions/changes":
It (Xeno) has a lill yellow banner cross OP on each thread entry. Makes it easier to tell who OP is rather than scan to post #1. I'm on enuff forms to not remember who is...
All Ways 'less adds'. Here - w/in the thread, 1 AH has "instructional vids' embedded in that R not so for me, just nother way to sell; some (lotta canabis) embedded elsewhere to look like posts (is it in the wkly round up, elsewhere?) Thumbs dwn button? too many abuse it? Dummie proof (dats me!) pic upload (may B here'n now already)?
Beyond the very basic is luxury to me, I don't use a 1/4 of it. Like post counter so as to C length we're going ona thread AND cite it for reference in later posts.

Thanks for askin, that means mre than any changes created.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Xenoforo is fine (usually dont care bout platform, get used to them all). This one's gudnuf.

My 1 "additions/changes":
It (Xeno) has a lill yellow banner cross OP on each thread entry. Makes it easier to tell who OP is rather than scan to post #1. I'm on enuff forms to not remember who is...
All Ways 'less adds'. Here - w/in the thread, 1 AH has "instructional vids' embedded in that R not so for me, just nother way to sell; some (lotta canabis) embedded elsewhere to look like posts (is it in the wkly round up, elsewhere?) Thumbs dwn button? too many abuse it? Dummie proof (dats me!) pic upload (may B here'n now already)?
Beyond the very basic is luxury to me, I don't use a 1/4 of it. Like post counter so as to C length we're going ona thread AND cite it for reference in later posts.

Thanks for askin, that means mre than any changes created.

I like the OP idea but I honestly don't understand what you meant with the rest. Sorry. Can you explain it again.

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
I think that is where I got this info I posted as well.

@miesk5 , if we do this new layout, it maybe take some time moving threads around. You cool with that. :p
Yo Bryan,
It will take much time and effort to sort it all out.
However, my vision took a turn downwards a few years ago so I won't be able to handle the work.
My good eye had came down with macular degeneration causing much vision loss. My other eye was and still is a "lazy eye".
I receive eye injections periodically, however they just stave off more loss.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yo Bryan,
It will take much time and effort to sort it all out.
However, my vision took a turn downwards a few years ago so I won't be able to handle the work.
My good eye had came down with macular degeneration causing much vision loss. My other eye was and still is a "lazy eye".
I receive eye injections periodically, however they just stave off more loss.

No worries. I'll get it handled when I make the change. @Tiha Sand @Skitter302 could possibly help. :)

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Only thing I really got is more of a Mod, Can we add the ablility to enlarge attachements?
Lots of the info posted here is amazing but impossible to make it large enough to actually follow a wiring diagram all the way through.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Yo Bryan,
Suggest we somehow split Generations for example;

"Generation 1: The Original Ford All-Purpose Vehicle 1966-1977​

Generation 2: Bronco Goes Bigger 1978-1979​

Generation 3: From the Trail to the Interstate 1980-1986​

Generation 4: The Aerodynamic Age​

1987-1991​

Generation 5: The Final Lap produced revised aerodynamics and styling. And was vehicle of choice for Rangers in the United States Forest Service and Border Patrol officers. 1992-1996
Their you better.go. You hit the nail on the head Mike. Thanks. I hope your eyes are doing alot better. Mine has been acting up some. I think it might be the weather too. Since I,m not out much because of bad weather and I don,t have a garage to tinker on and I,m on this thing more. Hope your feeling

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
You are most welcome John!
My vision won't improve due to macular degeneration in my good eye. I've had EYLEA® Injections periodically over past years by the best vision docs in the world at Wills Eye Hospital in Philly.

Same here on no garage. I miss the garage we had in Coronado.
Be well John!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke